PDA

View Full Version : F7R advice

sthom
09-07-2011, 15:45
Hi!

Does anybody know the differences between a Williams F7R(700) and a Megane F7R(710) cylinder head?
I heard that the 710 head has smaller capacity chambers.

Basically i would like to know how much skimming is required to achive the OEM CR(10:1) when using an F7R 700 head on a 710 block. :|

MAXIBOY
09-07-2011, 17:02
its has smaller capacity ports but think the chambers are the same issue is it uses a different inlet manifold and throttle body so isnt a straight swap into a williams..

sthom
09-07-2011, 17:48
Sorry,i didn't explain it right...

I want to use the complete Williams upper section(cylinder head,manifold,etc) on a Megane bottom end.
That is the reason that i am asking about the CR and skimming of the head... :|

If the chambers are the same,than with a thinner gasket or some head skimming the CR should rise to 10:1 easy. :-k

volymmannen
09-07-2011, 19:50
Sorry,i didn't explain it right...

I want to use the complete Williams upper section(cylinder head,manifold,etc) on a Megane bottom end.
That is the reason that i am asking about the CR and skimming of the head... :|

If the chambers are the same,than with a thinner gasket or some head skimming the CR should rise to 10:1 easy. :-k
Megane has 10:1 standard, how about willy?? isnt it the same??

sthom
09-07-2011, 22:31
As far as i know it is very close(9,8:1) but i am not sure about that... :?

I heard that Megane pistons are dished like the Willy ones but give lower CR than the Willy.
If we suppose that the comustion chambers are the same both on Willy and Megane,then what is changing the CR from the 9,8 of a Willy to the 10:1 of a Megane? :wtf:

Conrods have the same height as far as i know so maybe from the pistons? :?

cliokiz
09-07-2011, 23:02
Most people just stick the williams head on the megane bottom end with a willy headgasket I think and it runs fine.

volymmannen
10-07-2011, 09:59
As far as i know it is very close(9,8:1) but i am not sure about that... :?

I heard that Megane pistons are dished like the Willy ones but give lower CR than the Willy.
If we suppose that the comustion chambers are the same both on Willy and Megane,then what is changing the CR from the 9,8 of a Willy to the 10:1 of a Megane? :wtf:

Conrods have the same height as far as i know so maybe from the pistons? :?
Megane pistons, all i know is that F7P and F7R Megane and willy all have 10:1
megane pistons
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8091/head3cr2.jpg

sthom
11-07-2011, 20:04
The look the same as the Willy ones... :|
Maybe the conrods make the difference?

In every case i think that a thinner head gasket will raise the CR to desired ratio. :?