PDA

View Full Version : Everyone ready for Donnington

MattDilley
24-06-2011, 21:01
How's everyone getting on with the prepareration for donington??

I've got to find the time to change the cambelt on the willy 2 and finish putting my mates 16v back together!!

Can anyone lend me Bernards watch??!! Lol

Wobba
24-06-2011, 21:47
I am just driving my car about as normal. Since my issues with a snapped driveshaft there is still something not quite right though, could just be wheel imbalance but I suspect it may be some damage to diff or box of some kind. I have decided to have some special springs made to order as the KW v2 ones wont cope with track work, though they are fine for moderate hard driving...or I may just retro fit the repaired AVO's with 350lb springs, which were nice and tight just the way I like em :)

Will do an oil change as well before and maybe after the day itself and remove some more weight probably.

If I bring some stuff can I ask people to keep an eye on it when I am out on track?

stevie_b
24-06-2011, 22:07
Pretty much ready. I have a checklist of items to take that is pretty well rehearsed now so it is just a case of sticking it all in the car in the few days leading up to the date.

If I bring some stuff can I ask people to keep an eye on it when I am out on track?

I have a small pop up tent thing that I put the few items I don't want to take out with me in - stuff like tools, fluids, etc. You are welcome to stick whatever you want in there, with the added bonus that it stays dry if it rains whilst out on track (although I really hope that it is a dry day!)

16v_paddy
24-06-2011, 22:32
Donington?!?!? Hell I'm having enough trouble trying to get mine ready for Castle Combe in just under 2 weeks time :(

If you're struggling to get the valver done I could pop down & lend a hand :wink:

MattDilley
24-06-2011, 23:42
The 16v has been a full strip down of the front end, as the previous owner didn't like the n/s front corner!

The engine is back in, just a case of throwing it back together now.
Working 7 days a week is a nightmare! Can't wait for them to invent the 8 day week!! Lol

Wobba
25-06-2011, 12:42
Pretty much ready. I have a checklist of items to take that is pretty well rehearsed now so it is just a case of sticking it all in the car in the few days leading up to the date.

I have a small pop up tent thing that I put the few items I don't want to take out with me in - stuff like tools, fluids, etc. You are welcome to stick whatever you want in there, with the added bonus that it stays dry if it rains whilst out on track (although I really hope that it is a dry day!)

Bloody ace mate :) Yer a star!

Wont take that long to do the car matt, but working those hours can be tough!

Coops
25-06-2011, 13:07
AST top mounts to fit, refit rad and sort last bits of coolant pipework then flush and refil system with new coolant

also need to find a standard fit stainless exhaust and decat as worried about noise level at donnington and dont want to get kicked off!!!lol!

Wobba
25-06-2011, 13:09
AST top mounts to fit, refit rad and sort last bits of coolant pipework then flush and refil system with new coolant

also need to find a standard fit stainless exhaust and decat as worried about noise level at donnington and dont want to get kicked off!!!lol!

What bore is the mid section you have there? The side exit can be removed right?

Coops
25-06-2011, 20:02
lol, there is no mid section, its a silenced decat then all one bit mate

Flan
25-06-2011, 22:16
Just a few things to do ay
New sills n quarter panels
Full respray
Refit EVERYTHING

Gonna be busy!

Coops
25-06-2011, 22:20
sack that boyo, bring the kit car weapon again, that thing was insane :-)

Flan
27-06-2011, 10:15
TBH im tempted to bring BOTH for when (not IF) one breaks :wink:
never taken the kit car round Donnington! Putting them both on the 40foot lorry might be overkill ha ha although id probably need it to carry the 500L of Petrol im gonna need :lol:

im sure you can take two cars to an open pit lane?? Northy how can i check this?

stevie_b
27-06-2011, 14:07
Give Circuit days a ring and see what their policy normally is. I've certainly been to many a track day where someone's car breaks down and they just ask to take their tow car or a mate's car out instead and I have never seen it refused, but they aren't swapping between them every few laps so you might want to check if they are happy to be that flexible if you are thinking of splitting the laps across both.

Beaniemoo
22-07-2011, 06:24
Hmmmmm. Not sure I'm what you'd call ready just yet as the car is currently without, sump, clutch, flywheel, gearbox and subframe. Still at least I have 3 days to put it back together lol.

stevie_b
22-07-2011, 08:07
Good luck. Hope it all goes to plan. Was hoping to bag a passenger lap in yours at some point during the day to inspire me to finish mine!

MattDilley
22-07-2011, 08:43
Nearly ready now, just got a few finishing bits left to do on both cars. This weekend is going to be kaios!!

Am I the only 1 that's left it till the last minute??!!

Beaniemoo
22-07-2011, 18:08
No no I've left my preparation to the last minute too. A current pic of my car..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/moo0484/33dcd94f.jpg

If anyone wants to come out for a lap or two please feel free to pop by and see me. I'll be flattered to bits lol

16v_paddy
22-07-2011, 18:23
^^you're gonna have to fight me off first :twisted:

MatBrown
22-07-2011, 20:30
No no I've left my preparation to the last minute too. A current pic of my car..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/moo0484/33dcd94f.jpg

If anyone wants to come out for a lap or two please feel free to pop by and see me. I'll be flattered to bits lol

Your doing better than me!
There's no front end on my car and the engine is sitting on the floor.

MattDilley
22-07-2011, 21:18
It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only 1 lol!

I want to get my cars finished tomorrow all being well.

Beaniemoo
23-07-2011, 19:43
Bit more promising, back on the drive now.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/moo0484/848a5ead.jpg

Coops
23-07-2011, 21:08
top bombing :-)

dibs on a passenger spot at some point in the day mr beanie man :-)

i've just sorted my cooling system rerouting and checked everything over, did brakes last week, so all it needs now is other seat bolting in and a damn good test round the peak tomorrow :-)