PDA

View Full Version : NEW TO SITE

richard27
16-06-2011, 16:17
Hello, just bought myself a clio williams 1 no 163 as a project but it looks like its going be too much of a job to get it back to how it should be ( for me anyway ) thinking of breaking the car or selling as a whole for someone else to decide.

As you all know a lot more about williams than i do, not too sure how much i should be selling it for as spares or repair and not sure how much i would bet if i did break it. I was thinking around £800 as a whole car, still has some tax and mot till next jan. I think its great but need to think sensibly,

Any information or opinions would be much appreciated

stevie_b
16-06-2011, 19:21
Welcome. Don't necessarily give up yet! What is wrong with it and needs doing? You mind find that with a bit of advice from people and the forum and tips on how to source some parts more cheaply it becomes feasible to sort it and we can keep one more of these cars alive rather than it being broken. Do you have any photos?

richard27
16-06-2011, 19:34
Hi, i will take some photos over weekend, from what i can see it needs both sills doing and it has been in an accident in 2004 and looks like the repair is coming through the drivers side rear arch ( could be wrong ). Wheels need a refurb and the black insert trim needs smartening up/replacing. the last owner put new gearbox in and clutch 2 years ago, it has apex adjustable suspension and a custom stainless exhaust ( loud! ), i have always loved these cars but, may have bought with heart and not head. It drives really well, averaged 35 mpg on way home from collecting it and seems fast enough and handles well. interior is good.

It does seem a good car to pull to bits and like you said there is not a lot of them left

2 live
16-06-2011, 19:54
where abouts you based mate? might be worthwhile for a member on here to pop on and have a look at it and give their opinion of whether its a worthwhile resto job or not.

of course, if you really wanted to throw money at it, the biggest dog in the world can be made to look mint.

Wobba
16-06-2011, 23:38
The great thing about these cars is they are easy to work on compared to modern machinery where manufacturers make it hard for home mechanics to do things themselves. The tight engine bay can be a pain, but easy after you work it all out.

If the mechanicals seem ok, that's a good start. Bodywork is always a concern for these cars. If the exhausts too loud, they are easy to replace for quieter ones.

Get some pics up.

richard27
17-06-2011, 09:54
Hi, I live near middlesbrough in Ingleby Barwick. I will get some pics on over the weekend, cheer guys

LEIGH-ANNE
17-06-2011, 11:47
Welcome to the forum Richard.

Will be good to hear your decision after this (i can see it now) lengthy discussion lol

Jaymzfc
17-06-2011, 14:27
Keep it and fix it when you have the money and time, there too nice a car to break, and becoming few and far between now as well.

welcome onboard

richard27
27-06-2011, 21:41
Hello, sorry for late reply but below are the pictures.

Have decided to sell the car as a whole, looking for around £850 ( with plate left on valued at £400 )[/img]

stevie_b
27-06-2011, 22:48
Hi Richard - the pictures don't seem to have appeared correctly. If you upload them to Photobucket or similar then you can copy the IMG tag to here and it should work.

richard27
28-06-2011, 10:36
I use an apple mac so not too sure why pictures have not appeared. Anyway the car is now on eBay and the Item number is 170660839512, pics are on there.
I'm not looking I don't want to let it go ( secretly hoping it doesn't ) buri don't want to leave it in the garage for months, would rather someone who has the time enjoy it

lee2
28-06-2011, 11:19
seen her on ebay when i went to do a HPI check the car comes back as a 1.8 diesel?

lee

richard27
28-06-2011, 13:53
Hi lee,

The guy who had it before me had a 1.8 diesel van which he transferred the number plate from, I had the same problem with some hpi sites, I ended up using the RAC hpi check which brought all the correct info up, which is where it displayed that it had an accident in 2004, only registered on the original number plate, not chassis no. original plAte in L631TUP

I still have copy of HPI on email if its any use to you i could forward on

Richard

lee2
03-07-2011, 17:01
did she go after pal?

Lee

richard27
07-07-2011, 22:31
She did mate, was picked up yesterday and is being shipped out to france! :(

lee2
09-07-2011, 10:37
well at least it sold! where to in france? i got to normandie a few times a year!

lee