PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY TOAD ALARM!!

Kingscott
09-06-2011, 20:39
Hi chaps

I disconnected the batt on my williams and now the Toad alarm has immobilised it??? It still locks unlocks and everything, just wont let it even try to start!!

Im stuck please help!! I want to go home!!!!! :(

LEIGH-ANNE
09-06-2011, 20:46
Oh god!

Im sure theres some sort of combination to do when this happens. Do a search...as i only would have read it here

Good luck

Wobba
09-06-2011, 21:19
http://www.diyforums.net/toad-car-alarm-reset-button-500738.html

Flan
09-06-2011, 22:41
Most are fitted by amatures. If you can whip of the dash top and reconnect the wires they have spliced into. Usually big White (starter) and big yellow (ignition power)

I always install my own alarm. A thief would have to rip the dash out to get it running. ;)

Anders
10-06-2011, 10:47
ah nightmare...

I had this a few times, one the keyfob was knackered and the buttons were not making proper contact, then the battery went duff too.

Do yourself a favour, and once you do get it running, flick the switch and put it into valet mode just to ensure you don't get stuck again.

Then get home and rip the chuffer out...as Flan says, removal is pretty simple but if not your not happy with wiring then get a garage to do it. Only a 30 minute job so can't be that expensive.

Kingscott
12-06-2011, 17:29
Hi guys. I found out the fob battery needs to be removed. then when you put it back in it works again. Strange but true, one worth remembering for any toad alarmed car owners!

LEIGH-ANNE
12-06-2011, 18:56
Simplist fix ever....dont you just hate that!

Kingscott
12-06-2011, 19:01
Lol, yer 2 hours of desperate panic!! Least its all ok now :)

tutuur
12-06-2011, 23:13
maybe a little corrosion on the face of the battery.

Kingscott
13-06-2011, 10:37
No mate, its actually something to do with the alarm, when the car battery is removed the alarm "re-codes" itself on power up. Therefore the immobiliser does not now talk to the fob. However on removal of the fob batt the fob now configures itself to the alarm on power up and everyone is happy.

Sort of explains why the car would still lock/unlock beep and flash but not start!

Anders
13-06-2011, 10:49
best thing to do is get rid anyway cause they are not worth the hassle. Do it before it really packs up and leaves you high and dry.