PDA

View Full Version : F7p Turbo advice

James5
01-06-2011, 11:23
I know this is not a williams F7r engine but I am hoping for some assistance, I have done an F7p forged low comp turbo conversion into my little R5GTT and am currently having a problem with injectors not firing, I confirm i have strong spark, I have fuel to the rail of 3.2 bar, engine is cranking on the starter and wanting to start but just not getting fuel into the bores.

Can anyone tell me if there is a relay for the injectors on the clio loom? and if so which one. If i need to i will just test all the relay's to eliminate.

I have currently got the car to the point I just need to start it not bad for starting the complete conversion 12 days ago :D

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1381&pictureid=16385

Many thanks
James

tutuur
01-06-2011, 11:44
You have done a quick job man! My c1j is not even out of the car :p

Do the injectors get powered? Try with a light bulb. Pulse is too quick for a multimeter...

Also an option is switching the fuel hoses. Had the same with my r9, i was sure the fuel lines where good but in the rubber hose around the fuelhoses they twisted....

chip
01-06-2011, 12:51
Only really earths or crank sensor that can stop the injectors firing at all, or immobiliser.

personally I wouldnt be using a standard ecu on a turbo anyway though TBH unless you have someone good to map it for you, and if you do, then they should be able to solve this problem anyway

James5
01-06-2011, 14:35
You have done a quick job man! My c1j is not even out of the car :p

Do the injectors get powered? Try with a light bulb. Pulse is too quick for a multimeter...

Also an option is switching the fuel hoses. Had the same with my r9, i was sure the fuel lines where good but in the rubber hose around the fuelhoses they twisted....

Taken me 12 days including today to get C1J out and all the f7p turbo parts in place and I have only been doing 2-3 hours in the eve each night as still at work and have the kids and family at home also.

I defo have fuel :lol: pulled the pipe off last night and i got covered in it forgot it will be under pressure :lol:

Only really earths or crank sensor that can stop the injectors firing at all, or immobiliser.

personally I wouldnt be using a standard ecu on a turbo anyway though TBH unless you have someone good to map it for you, and if you do, then they should be able to solve this problem anyway

I will check my earths and add some more, can never have to many earths :D

This ECU is a temp thing to get me running standalone is on the cards for the future :D At present i will monitor fueling with my wideband kit and keep on eye on the charge temps also. Don't like chargecooler kits but i purchased the lot as a package so it will be used but up for sale as I will be fitting a twin pas intercooler

Cheers for all the advice peeps so is there not a relay for the injectors then?

tutuur
01-06-2011, 14:48
how are you going to fit an intercooler?

i don't love chargecoolers too but it is much easier to place in a r5....

do you have a rising rate fuel control? and seriously check the fuel hoses.

i had the same, also fuel came out like an idiot, the problem was i connected the boost hose to the return of the fuelrail....

James5
01-06-2011, 14:55

i had the same, also fuel came out like an idiot, the problem was i connected the boost hose to the return of the fuelrail....

:lol: Fuel lines are fine I went through them all last night to check, i am using the standard clio 1.8 16v reg at present although I do have a malpassi adjustable reg to fit but just want it to run before I install it.

James5
01-06-2011, 21:11
Ok turns out I missed a wire for the ECU live :oops: but once sorted my injectors started to click looks like 2 of my injectors are knackere as no click :(

Anyone got 2 x bosch 802 injecotr for an r21t around that work

volymmannen
03-06-2011, 10:00

just need a bumper to fit a large one 8)

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/volymmannen/063.jpg

tutuur
03-06-2011, 17:48
i have one in now, but's it's not going to fit with a F7R in the front :P

volymmannen
06-06-2011, 10:08
i have one in now, but's it's not going to fit with a F7R in the front :P
I know i have F7R too

James5
13-06-2011, 10:22
I am trying to keep as much of the standard R5GTT look as possible, I have gone for a Twin PAS front mount intercooler purley to try and keep the pipe run as short as possible and I may have to modify the cross member to get it to fit and I am going to have to loose the standard GTT grill aswell unfortunatly but if it enable's me to run an intercooler so be it :D

I am still having the high rev problem and seems to raise as engine gets warmer :? I have replaced the inlet gasket to the head with another new one and all the vacum ports and the cam cover to manifold has one way valve in place (yes correct way around :lol: ) and I am currently waiting for another TB gasket to turn up from Renault for me to see if this makes a difference.

Fueling is fine and pipes on correct

tutuur
13-06-2011, 17:08
i'm thinking about an twin pass (ends on one side) too but can't find them on the web. do you have a link or photo?

tutuur
13-06-2011, 17:28
hmmmm no edit button.

already found it in the other topic :lol:

James5
14-06-2011, 10:36

just need a bumper to fit a large one 8)

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/volymmannen/063.jpg

Any pics of your pipe run for that intercooler? :D

volymmannen
19-06-2011, 00:27
only this picture,but i can get better pictures.
http://www.garaget.org/?car=91279&image=1876329
I use a long reinforced silicone hose on the other side.