PDA

View Full Version : HHHHMMMM Cold Air

Dancliovalver
08-08-2005, 19:37
im desperate to get a cold air feed of some sort into my crappy K+N till i get my new air filter, any sugestions on wat to use and where to put it???

cheers all

richy
08-08-2005, 19:57
is the k&n bolted onto the throttle as std right onto it? if so why not try what winston has done and move it to under the n/s arch behind the fog light

from what ive found out u can buy what they call a sock! basicly a cover which all air to flow freely in but stops water getting in, its what the lads with k&n's on the focus RS run, as there filter is in the bottom n/s as std!

Dancliovalver
08-08-2005, 20:38
kool mate cheers for the advice, yeah its just a crappy bolt on, but the BMC CDA has taken my fancy so i want that ASAP

if i move it to the arch will i need to take the wheel lining off or does it work with the arches on

richy
08-08-2005, 20:45
u can have the arch lining in, but id suggest to remove fog light or that blanking plate netx to it to try get a decent feed of air in there

Dancliovalver
08-08-2005, 20:47
ok kool whats the best way to get it down there, ie wat sort of tubing, cant afford that much silicone hose, so wats cheap and durable???

richy
08-08-2005, 20:53
best askign winston on that mate hes already done it! i run std air box!

Winston
09-08-2005, 01:21
Best asking Lunner for tubin

Remove all the arch liners and the old airfeed and run a freshy through

a sock!!!!! .....sponge does a lovely job lmao!!!!!

Lunner
09-08-2005, 22:56
Will check a price on tubing, if people are interested, off the top of my head around £20-£30 for a 1 mtr length

Mine is half in the wheel well, and when you go through puddles the car looses a bit of power for a few secs.

Any idea where you can get these socks Richy?

richy
10-08-2005, 18:35
not sure but i will ask me mate with focus RS, i think he may know were