PDA

View Full Version : Not had road rage in a long time, buuuut...

Wobba
27-05-2011, 10:31
Got stuck behind a lorry very early on into my journey to work today. The guy was at a standstill on some bends, and doing a max of 20 mph, but mainly 15 mph in 30 and 40 zones. I am usually patient and calm, but this guy really put my back up.

There was barely any traffic today which is rare and I left early so I could get some petrol and not be late for work.

Now, normally I'd just resign myself to the shitfest that is commuting, but I could see there was no traffic so thought: ''ll overtake on the short stretches of dual carriageway'. there was a silver MX5 in front of me and the lorry in front of them. and a massive que behind me. Got to dual carriageway, we all doing 20mph, so I started to pull out into outside lane...so does the lorry (????). He overtakes nothing, and MX5 twat also slows down so therefore blocking the brief overtaking section. Overtaking chance gone.

We get to a slight hill doing 10 mph (40 zone). Unusually for me I am pretty pissed off as I am now going to be late for work, I pull out slightly and flash them in frustration. We get to a split lane for the roundabout, I think its a chance to get by....oh no. Lorry man straddles both lanes and MX5 dude slows and blocks me from even attempting to get by, probably thinks he is policing my speed (to 10-20 mph coz anything more would be dangerous....).

Finally lorry cant block me anymore and I get past, MX5 goes a different way on their journey to Lala Dreamland. I actually stooped to a level I've not stooped for a very long time buy giving the lorry driver some fairly graphic hand signals. He was COMPLETELY oblivious.

RAAARRG!!!

Rant over.

16v_paddy
27-05-2011, 10:45
1/10 disappointing rant :roll:

fab
27-05-2011, 11:43
Yeah weak storyline there shakespeare :) but he does bring up some interesting facts.
1. MX5 owners are posers
2. Lorry drivers are (as clarkson said)
3. wobba you drive so slow to work you really should cycle in! :lol:

Wobba
27-05-2011, 13:30
I considered embellishing the whole event with a cameo appearance from Godzilla for a showdown vs Williams and then go on to destroy the slow driving offenders with the afterburner from my exhaust system, but was too angry to think straight :(

Wobba
27-05-2011, 13:40
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/barneywobba/godzillclio.jpg

fab
27-05-2011, 15:37
Your class wobba! :lol: