PDA

View Full Version : what (if any) optional extras were available?

Dunc
26-05-2011, 11:30
When the clio williams (mainly the 1's) were new, what optional extras were available? was there a tick list where u could add some bits and bobs?

like headlight protectors? wind deflectors? mats and flaps etc?

just wondered if anyones williams has literally all the options ticked?

Dunc

Markic
26-05-2011, 11:55
My guess is that original Williams 1 was as it is. If you look at the car, it even had electric mirrors removed to save weight.
Don't know situation with the 2's and 3's, I guess they could have had some extras you could get.

andyleep
26-05-2011, 14:15
I believe the Williams 2 had an option of a sunroof

Jaymzfc
26-05-2011, 14:36
Always wanted to ask this question, anyone on here buy their Williams from new????
Or met the person /owner who drove it out the showroom?

I still remember driving past a showroom somewhere in the UK and seeing one in the showroom, i was 19 at the time and drooled over it, that's where my love affair started i guess.

robi1000
26-05-2011, 16:08
I know a guy that bought 2 brand new. One for himself and another for his wife.

He told me that when the car was presented to a group of potential buyers (at the car show), one of the sales people came out of nowhere and to everybody's surprise kicked into the front wing quite hard. He wanted to demonstrate the fact that front wings were designed to be impact resistant up to the speed of 15km/h. Just a bit of trivia. :lol:

MatBrown
26-05-2011, 17:12
I have a couple of the loadliners.

Yanoo_
26-05-2011, 19:13
extra option: rustfree wheel arches :D

Dunc
26-05-2011, 20:26
mat, how much do the load liners go for?

i had one come with my williams but its got a couple of cracks in.

your on about the plastic ones with the renault diamond in the middle yeah?

didn't realise these were an optional extra!

Dunc

theweekendhaslanded
26-05-2011, 21:53
Always wanted to ask this question, anyone on here buy their Williams from new????
Or met the person /owner who drove it out the showroom?

I still remember driving past a showroom somewhere in the UK and seeing one in the showroom, i was 19 at the time and drooled over it, that's where my love affair started i guess.

Yes I bought my Williams 1 off a guy that bought it brand fire new. He told me that every Williams 1 owner got a free track day around Silverstone. Does anyone else know anything about the event?

fab
26-05-2011, 22:46
Anyone know anything about this options booklet?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/fabtrader/DSC02884.gif

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/fabtrader/DSC02883.gif

MatBrown
26-05-2011, 23:25

Dunc

They didn't have any optional extras.
More of an accessory than an extra.
I have an accessory booklet/pricelist and car brochure which indicates standard/optional equipment.

Warby
27-05-2011, 09:45
Anyone know anything about this options booklet?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/fabtrader/DSC02884.gif

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/fabtrader/DSC02883.gif

I don't understand that FIA homologation doc, it's dated dec 1994 and the pictures show a williams 2 looking at the front grill and rear lights. I thought the homologation was just for the williams 1?

In terms of extras, I've got the original press pack from Sept / Oct 1993 and under the options list it doesn't mention anything we don't already know except an optional electrics pack (electric front windows and central door locking). I don't know of any Williams 1 with electric front windows?

Jaymzfc
27-05-2011, 10:19
Correct me if i'm wrong , but all Williams 1 had central locking and electric windows. the other stuff like electric mirrors heated seats etc etc were not put on to save weight.
The homologation pics are a bit weird as they def look like a willy 2.

fab
27-05-2011, 10:40
Why do you say weird?
Was a Willy Phase 2 not allowed a homologation spec?

Jaymzfc
27-05-2011, 10:57

As far as i know NO its wasn't, only the first batch of willy 1's got the homologation certificate due to them being kept too a certain amount of numbers.
I could be wrong but wherever i've on them it mentions this.

Interesting stuff all the same.

fab
27-05-2011, 11:18
The truth is out there! :wink:

robi1000
27-05-2011, 13:12
As far as I know you can race with any williams, regardless of phase. Not only that, but you can swap Williams parts onto 16V and homologate it as Williams.

MatBrown
27-05-2011, 18:03
In terms of extras, I've got the original press pack from Sept / Oct 1993 and under the options list it doesn't mention anything we don't already know except an optional electrics pack (electric front windows and central door locking). I don't know of any Williams 1 with electric front windows?

All williams have electric windows and central locking, not got electric mirrors though.

cliorod
27-05-2011, 18:40
As far as I know you can race with any williams, regardless of phase. Not only that, but you can swap Williams parts onto 16V and homologate it as Williams.
I think you will find that homolgation for any of the Williams has long since lapsed,so it is highly unlikely a Williams,be it Grp "A",F2 Kit-car,will be eligible for anything other than National permit events,that said some European countries "relax" the ru;les a little,to bolster flgging entries on there events. :wink: :wink:

Warby
27-05-2011, 18:41

As far as i know NO its wasn't, only the first batch of willy 1's got the homologation certificate due to them being kept too a certain amount of numbers.
I could be wrong but wherever i've on them it mentions this.

Interesting stuff all the same.

I'd like to know more about this, it has come as a bit of a surprise this doc. Does anyone know the homologation situation for the Williams?

cliorod
28-05-2011, 01:40
Does anyone know the homologation situation for the Williams?

Hi what do you wish to know :wink: I am sure the FIA,leave homolagation papers valid,for a specific period after the model they are issued for has ceased production.
To be 100% certain,I would suggest you contact the MSA direct and ask them if the papers you have are currently valid.
Rod

fab
28-05-2011, 10:00
Warby, I think rod explains it as it was, homolagation papers were available for all series of the Williams for a limited time.
Correct me if i'm wrong here but I think there may be some misconception that homolagation papers were only available for the Phase 1 which we know to be incorrect. If anyone wants to see the rest of whats in the booklet I will scan it in, however it mostly shows the engines specs,roll cage fittings, and some info on the Maxi.

Getting back to Duncs original request Mat wrote..

I have an accessory booklet/pricelist and car brochure which indicates standard/optional equipment.

Can you share with us what was available then?

robi1000
28-05-2011, 15:00
Warby, I think rod explains it as it was, homolagation papers were available for all series of the Williams for a limited time.
Correct me if i'm wrong here but I think there may be some misconception that homolagation papers were only available for the Phase 1 which we know to be incorrect.

That's what I was trying to point out.

JamieG
28-05-2011, 19:43
I'd be interested in a boot liner, also headlamp protectors, if you have any mat.

walters300
31-05-2011, 13:28
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clio-Williams-Half-Leather-Seats-RARE-/280687766455?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415a4b6bb7

I think the french cars had a leather option and I aint sure if the above are genuine or not as I have never seen them.

andyleep
03-06-2011, 09:18

Dunc

They didn't have any optional extras.
More of an accessory than an extra.

Mat, does the pricelist give an option of having a sunroof (Williams 2)?

MatBrown
03-06-2011, 17:04
No, they would have been fitted by outside contractors.