PDA

View Full Version : Sounds nice.. 180 bhp Willy Engine F/S

lagerlout1
08-08-2005, 18:18
http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=175998&PagePosition=1

KingStromba
08-08-2005, 18:24
Thrashed example no doubt.

Racing spider head :roll:

Thatll be a williams head then

Rich
08-08-2005, 18:27
it will be exactly as its advertised! bondy is a v.good lad and anyone who is thinking of cams etc i would note that number and give him a call as he can get the cheap as chips ;)

lagerlout1
08-08-2005, 18:31

I've missed you so much. :wink:

KingStromba
08-08-2005, 18:32
LOL, you get what you pay for. A proper race spec engine in good condition will be worth more than £900. I dont know if this is the deal of the century, but buy cheap get crap thats what i say. :P

Rich
08-08-2005, 18:42
he's just a relistic businessman and he needs the space

J o n
08-08-2005, 18:42

Spider head is different, it's not a Willy head. It makes more torque for a start too.

lagerlout1
08-08-2005, 18:43
I might buy it and put it in my 152. Would it fit? lol.

big hp
08-08-2005, 18:58
I might buy it and put it in my 152. Would it fit? lol.

I'd make it fit. Anything to get rid of them chocolate engine mounts. :wink:

richy
08-08-2005, 19:15
he's just a relistic businessman and he needs the space

agreed mate

KingStromba
08-08-2005, 19:19

Spider head is different, it's not a Willy head. It makes more torque for a start too.

According to nick hill (Dont hang the messenger):

Racing spider engine = Williams engine
Road spyder engine = Megane engine

After they have been tuned they may be combination of anything. But standard they are the SAME according to Nick.

So a racing spyder head = a williams head. Or have i missed something?

TwisT
09-08-2005, 08:38
im sure i have read up on the spider version made 10NM more than the megane version, which itself makes 10NM more than a williams version?

so +20nm ?

J o n
09-08-2005, 08:51
as Twist says, the Sypder head produces a fair amount or torque more than the Willy and Megane.

Willy - 175mn
Megane - 185nm iirc
Sypder - 200nm

KingStromba
09-08-2005, 09:56
Standard they are the same engine :D

J o n
09-08-2005, 10:04
aint, the bottom ends are almost identical, the head isn't... otherwise I would have a ful Spyder engine in my Willy... but guess what, it needs chopping and changing... i've looked into this already, they are not the same engine.

KingStromba
09-08-2005, 10:18
Just phoned Nick Hill.

So one last time.

Road syder engine is a megane engine. Block / head / everything

Racing spyder engine is a Williams engine. Block / head / everything. The only differences are the engine management (obviously) and exhaust (obviously) and the fact that they are blueprinted as they are race engines.

You buy a racing spyder engine you are buying a blueprinted Williams engine. Thats all.

J o n
09-08-2005, 10:34
well I guess it all depends on who you speak to and who you believe... and based on results i'll say no more... lol

Nick Hill
13-08-2005, 12:37
Please allow me if I may to provide some info to this topic.

All of the engines fitted to the road version of the Spider were taken from the 2.0l Megane coupe. I have Renault dealer sales info for both cars which quotes the same engine spec, comp ratio, bore, stroke , power , torque etc. I service three road Spiders and have worked on many more. All megane engines.

When the race Spider championship was running, I built lots of engines over the period they were raced for, up to 30 rebuilds per year. They engines were Clio Williams engines. All engine builders were given a set of regulations to which the engines had to comply. They ran with std road car cams std pistons no porting was allowed no verniers just a fully blue printed engine. Crankshafts and flywheels were alowwed to be lightened but only to a certain limit (which was not a lot lighter). Valve seat angles were also specified but freedom was given to the back angles and power could be gained in this area.

The race car ran with the same ecu as the Williams but was fitted with a control chip mapped by Renault. The reason the Race Spider engine made more power than a Williams is because of the blue printing mapping and exhaust. An original Race Spider head is going to be better than a std Williams head but not as good a a modified Williams head.
After the Official Renault Spider Championship some Spider have been modified and where regulations allow a number have had modified heads and cam conversions.

I currenty have in the workshop a Full Race Spider engine that is for sale on behalf of a customer.
The championship that he now runs in allows for any Renault 2.0l engine and any spec.
He now has on of our fully blue printed 182 engines, modified head and cams, forged high compression pistons, runnig on DTA engine management.

Fred
14-08-2005, 00:41
and output is???????

jill
14-08-2005, 01:00
More than your 1.2 but less than your megane turbo (until it blows up).