PDA

View Full Version : Quick detailer...

Wobba
22-05-2011, 15:00
I washed and waxed for the first time in ages as I cant be bothered cleaning it all the time, due to dust and rain and general pollution covering over my hard work with a couple of days.

So. Cleaned the car, looks good. It rains, short shower with lots of dust and pollen left behind.

So, I think I can use the quick detailer...

The quick detailer (Meguairs XT whatever) implies I can just spray it on and rub it off, but surely this is just rubbing the dirt into the paintwork????????????????????????????????????#

As such I just don't see the point of it as you are still spraying it on and rubbing it off and buffing...and I am NOT washing the car after every ****ing minor shower.

Any tips or opinions?

katbloke
22-05-2011, 18:25
if just dust and pollen quick detailer would be fine, anything harder then a full wash will be needed

walters300
22-05-2011, 18:44
what i used to to with mine was wash and polish it and then go to a garage where they have the jet wash with the options buttons, then select the wax spray option and use that for the whole £5 cycle, then go back once a week and it used to stay nice and clean and using the wax option is good as its low pressure and you get excellent value for money :wink:

Coops
22-05-2011, 18:53
i just leave her covered in crap until it pisses me off too much then wash it

if the car has a decent coat of wax or 5 on it, it'll whip straight off next wash and wont cause any harm in between

willy_kev
22-05-2011, 19:46
QDS is great for maintaining a car in between washes. provided that you have applied a good wax or sealant then you will be fine. the wax acts as a barrier between the clear coat layer of your paint and the elements. So any contaminants that settle on the car will sit on the wax, the quick detailer will remove theses without damaging your paint. Also when the QDS takes longer to 'buff off' you know that your layer of wax / sealant is getting thin so time to re wax. hope this helps. Kev (Supreme detail and protection.) also if you have any major abrasives on the car, the just swirl it off first, the wax will bead most of the water off then dry, go around with the QDS and buff off.

willy_kev
22-05-2011, 19:48
also if you have a really good clean / correction of the car, i.e. snow foam, wash, clay, correction, polish, glaze, wax.. then in between maintain with QDS you will find you wont need to clean the car as often 8)

Wobba
22-05-2011, 21:14
Thanks guys. I use the car everyday so I think it gets real dirty fast. Quick detailer isn't for me then. Only cleaned it a day or so ago and its already got a bunch of bird shit and layers of dust, and rain watermarks.

willy_kev
22-05-2011, 21:18
everytime you drive the car just wiz around it with QDS... its very versatile.

zmaster2k
23-05-2011, 15:49
i have 6 layers of wax on mine, and i use the poorboys equivilant to remove dust and pollen.

walters300
23-05-2011, 19:29
:) hey willy kev do you work for them or something? Your doing a great sales pitch there, i am expecting 2 for 1 next :lol: