PDA

View Full Version : help with re-conditioning an engine?!?!

measor
08-08-2005, 17:45
is it worth buyin a 16valver on the cheap with high mileage aslong as the car was in good condition and had the major jobs done and getting the engine re-built or using the money you'd use to buy a car with less mileage?

has anyone had their engine re-conditioned? was there noticeable differences?

how much does it set you back?

would appreciate any response as i have saved the money 2 buy the car just trying to find the best route to take and really need some sound advice, thank you!

J o n
08-08-2005, 17:54
better getting a replacement engine pal, give me a PM and I can point you towards cheap F7 engines and labour.

Jon

Rich
08-08-2005, 18:01
i've nearly finished re-coning an f7p engine, did it all myself mind so saved on labour costs, have never stopped to ad up what its cost me cos i think i'd cry!
for a company to do it i'm sure you'd be looking at around the 2k mark including labour

Andyvalver
08-08-2005, 18:56
Mines a high mileage valver and runs fine with no major probs. Id just get another engine if this breaks. Wouldnt really bother reconditioning it.

matty
08-08-2005, 22:10
102k on mine, last 60k all my own over 4years and 7 months. Other than getting waterpump and cambelt changed at 72k, only otherthing was new clutch which was needed as was getting heavier and wanted to do before it started snapping clutch cables.

Now I either change cambelt again at 108k to be safe, fit new cams and follower I already have or go 2.0 route.

Using some of the Forte additives help clean your engine and think its all down to preventative maintenance rather than wait for it to go and replace....