PDA

View Full Version : please help looking for a new f7r

Aaron_g_1988
19-05-2011, 17:17
hi i have a clio williams and need a new engine, i have a f7r a 700 and have found an engine that is an f7r d 714 out of a megan
im not sure if the botom end is exactly the same as i have had head work done to mine
please help
aaron

MAXIBOY
19-05-2011, 22:22
will fit but the bottom end is different with a different chain driven oil pump and the inlet manifold is different running coilpacks ..

whats wrong with you engine...

could have you head fitted on that bottom end..

Aaron_g_1988
20-05-2011, 14:45
hi cheers
my rings and bores are nakered :-(
aaron

16v_paddy
20-05-2011, 15:14
Are the bores salvageable or are they knackered as in destroyed?

I'd just rip your engine out & get it rebuilt as any other engine you buy ought to be rebuilt anyway, will be cheaper to do that then you'll have peace of mind that it's a freshly built engine

Aaron_g_1988
20-05-2011, 15:35
in the 3 bore there is some slight ridges less then a mm but all smooth no ruff edges.
i cant find rings any where...
the engine had a rebulid in 08 and the pistions seem ok just needs iva a rebore or honing depending on the ridges :-/
the only rings i can find is wossner pistions and rings but they like nealy £600
cheers aaron

16v_paddy
20-05-2011, 15:54
Well I'd say the 1st thing to do is remove the engine & take the block to an engine builder & get them to measure the bores to see where you stand

Rings are about £100 & someone posted the place to get them from on here not too long ago

Aaron_g_1988
20-05-2011, 16:32
ohhh ok i will give that a go
what else do you recon i should do while the engines out?? big end shells and water pump

how much you recon it will cost all together??
i was thinking about geting the megan engine compression tested to see if its got good compression then just use that bottom end if ok. i just really dont know what to do at the moment...
cheers aaron

16v_paddy
20-05-2011, 20:58
Depends if you're looking for short or long term solution, if for a quick fix to get it back on the road asap, whack the meggy lump in & consider rebuilding the shagged 1, long term I'd say rebuild the whole lot.

As for cost, going off what I've been told to expect, roughly £100 for rings, £100 for shells & bearings with labour on top (not sure what it'd be tbh)
Then on top of that - if you're swapping heads over - head gasket set, cam belt kit & clutch

tutuur
22-05-2011, 19:45
How much miles did it drove?

Mine has done 320k km and still puts down 160bhp on the rollers.
It does consume some oil but i don't mind :lol:

Aaron_g_1988
23-05-2011, 12:30
Depends if you're looking for short or long term solution, if for a quick fix to get it back on the road asap, whack the meggy lump in & consider rebuilding the shagged 1, long term I'd say rebuild the whole lot.

As for cost, going off what I've been told to expect, roughly £100 for rings, £100 for shells & bearings with labour on top (not sure what it'd be tbh)
Then on top of that - if you're swapping heads over - head gasket set, cam belt kit & clutch

hi this has changed what i wont to do and can afford to do... as it stands i properly have about 350 to spend... if i do it i will do it myself so dont have to worry about labour... i might end up ggetin the 714 compresstion tested and if all good use that for the time... i will spend money on mine but when i can spend alot and not jus here and there if you no what i mean...
if i can get some more money asap i will go with the other option and rebuild mine
cheers for the help aaron

Aaron_g_1988
23-05-2011, 12:33
How much miles did it drove?

Mine has done 320k km and still puts down 160bhp on the rollers.
It does consume some oil but i don't mind :lol:

hi im not exactly sure iv got a 16v shell with a williams engine in i no it had a full rebuild in 08 but who ever had it done didnt run it in properly
aaron

16v_paddy
23-05-2011, 21:32
When I said labour charges, I meant for the machining work to be done to the bores & crank journals :wink:

Aaron_g_1988
29-05-2011, 14:08
hi iv found out that apparently the 714 the engine isnt as powerful... is this right????
aaron

16v_paddy
30-05-2011, 11:27
hi iv found out that apparently the 714 the engine isnt as powerful... is this right????
aaron

Probably right but that will be down to the weak assed & shit cams used, with a willy head & cams fitted it will be the same as before :wink:

Aaron_g_1988
30-05-2011, 16:54
aaron

Probably right but that will be down to the weak assed & s**t cams used, with a willy head & cams fitted it will be the same as before :wink:

cheers my williams has cams and pulleys so im deff goin to look into that now
thanks aaron