PDA

View Full Version : hey guys, newbie :)

willy_kev
13-05-2011, 14:05
Hey guys, Im kev, and have put a deposit down on a clio williams, i pick her up tommoro all being well. :) I wasnt planning on buying a williams but i was mooching around pistonheads last week and stumbled across my old clio williams 3, that i owned about 6 years ago. So i phoned the guy up, had a chat and before i new it i had viewed her, and put a deposit down. i just couldnt resist, seeing the car again bought back so many fond memorys.

The car does have morette head lights that i will be removing and changing back to standard. Is it a big job to do?

Im 26 and live in the midlands, so if anyone is local and want to meet up for a drive at anytime let me know. i look forward to getting to know you all and seeing you at some events.

Thanks guys

Kev

Red_Dash
13-05-2011, 14:25
Hi Kev

Welcome along!
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your car.

As far as the headlights go, it should be a pretty straightforward job to change them over, although never having done it myself I can't say how long it would take.

BTW - if you sell your Morette's, I may be interested :wink:

Cheers
Dave

walters300
13-05-2011, 14:30
well done! I think everyone who has owned one will always end up with one, may have a few years of playing the field but no man is complete without a williams in his life! You will get top class advice on here and save yourself a small fortune in labour cost and breaking things you dont understand, you can start your first thread with that question and your away :wink:

cliokiz
13-05-2011, 14:33
Where abouts in the Midlands are you?

I'm in Loughborough, know these things like the back of my hand and have a garage full of spares if you ever need anything.

willy_kev
13-05-2011, 14:59
thanks for the warm welcome, i live in Bourton on the hill, just outside of Moreton in Marsh. Im sure over the next few months i'll be picking your brains over various things. :D

I am concidering selling the lights, but im not sure yet as i know how hard they are to come by.

acerimmer
13-05-2011, 22:57
im in burton, near derby. i have also a willy 3 and new to clios. This site is great if you need to know owt, if u need to know just ask. :)

redeye83
13-05-2011, 23:20
Welcome to the site it's great for help on any advise that you need and everybody is always happy to help. I'm not far from you, in Worcester.

willy_kev
13-05-2011, 23:26
were have to meet up for a blast :D