PDA

View Full Version : New Engineering show on Sky 1… you can be on it!!!

Flan
10-05-2011, 11:17
Morning Lads, there is a new show coming out on Sky 1…. Bit like Scrapheap challenge but better. They need teams of 4 to build a contraption/Device to reach the safe with £5000 inside.
I don’t work for the show but was a contestant on the first show they have filmed. I can honestly tell you it’s the best thing ive done!!!! You get £1000 to buy your bits then 2 days to build it (plus a safety day for kill switches/covering chains/rollcage…ect)
The Whole team that run the show are really cool! And I guarantee you will have fun (if your good at engineering…don’t try to blag it)

Here is what they put out there…. Tell your friends! :wink:

Flan

• ARE YOU A GROUP OF ENGINEERING ENTHUSIASTS?

• MAYBE YOU LIKE TO BUILD AND MODIFY IN YOUR SPARE TIME?

• ARE YOU UP FOR A 3 DAY CHALLENGE IN A STUNNING UK LOCATION AND THE CHANCE TO WIN A CASH PRIZE?

• YOUR SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND INGENUITY WILL BE TESTED IN A RACE AGAINST TIME AND ANOTHER TEAM TO CRACK THE CODE ON OUR SAFE … AND GET YOUR HANDS ON THE CASH!

Maverick Television is looking for groups of friends who are interested in mechanics, are keen salvagers, engineering eggheads and those who have a genuine passion for building machines to take part in a fun, challenging new 8 part series for Sky 1.
Each week 2 teams will go head to head in a race to reach a safe hidden somewhere in a breathtaking UK location.
The safe contains a big cash prize. To get their hands on the safe, each team must design and construct a machine capable of transporting them to it, or bringing it to them. Each team is given tools and materials and a limited amount of time. Whoever gets to the safe first gets the chance to break the code and win the money.
Each show will see the teams face a different challenge- e.g. The safe is placed at the bottom of a river, or inside a burning building, or on top of a mountain surrounded by forest.

So if your team feels up to the challenge of Safebreakers, you can all apply online here:
http://safebreakers.arecasting.tv
Or for more information, contact Jodie: j.evans@mavericktv.co.uk

MatBrown
10-05-2011, 11:37
Did you win?

Dunc
10-05-2011, 12:32
is this the thing u were telling me about when u were visiting me the other week?

whens it on tv? and as mat says, did u win?

Dunc

Flan
10-05-2011, 13:10
Cant say boys.... Also cant put up pics.

but you will see soon, it airs in August Time.

And yes Dunc you know more than most :wink:

stevie_b
10-05-2011, 14:40
Cant say boys.... Also cant put up pics.

You can get around the super injunction on it by getting someone to tell us how you fared on twitter? :wink:

Flan
10-05-2011, 15:21
it will ruin the story but it was sooooooo much fun!!!

Get on it boys!! :wink:

Dunc
10-05-2011, 20:18
ahhh right, will keep me mouth closed then matey!

your project did sound awesome tho mate lol!

Dunc