PDA

View Full Version : Williams 2 Question?

geebers
08-05-2011, 12:17
Hi guys,

New to the website.

I've owned a Williams 2 for the last 3 years. Great fun! In the boot there is wheel nut wrench clipped to the left hand side but no Jack as far as i can see. Where was the Jack located on this car? Doubt it will be in with the spare wheel under the car so guess its missing. Was it a special one or just basic?

Thanks

Yanoo_
08-05-2011, 12:29
Hi guys,

New to the website.

I've owned a Williams 2 for the last 3 years. Great fun! In the boot there is wheel nut wrench clipped to the left hand side but no Jack as far as i can see. Where was the Jack located on this car? Doubt it will be in with the spare wheel under the car so guess its missing. Was it a special one or just basic?

Thanks

Hello and welcome mate, the jack is located in the scuttle, in front of the driver (RHD). It's a basic Renault jack.

geebers
08-05-2011, 14:21
thanks Yanoo,

Just checked in there (assuming that a "scuttle" is the compatment under the bonnet (LHS scuttle being the windscreen water reservoir) but no sign of a Jack on the RHS, just a long bolt/screw which i assume the jack attached to.

I'll try and locate one on the net. Don't suppose you know if the Clio 16V had the same jack/location so finding a replaement will be easier?

chip
08-05-2011, 14:33
Yeah valvers are the same

Rajk
13-05-2011, 08:34
to be honest the jack is a rubbish bit of kit, i understand that it is supposed to be there, the renault 19 has a bigger jack which is more practical. Im sure the pro breakers on here have one, put a ad on the wanted section.