PDA

View Full Version : no fuel pump prime

ratboyvalver
27-04-2011, 21:45
as above. apon turning ignition on no fuel pump prime only get quiet click from under bonnet relay box, and no voltage at the pump when key is turned to last position. could it be an imobiliser issue if so is it bypass able? its a ph 2 or 1.5 please help :D

Chadwick
28-04-2011, 01:02
The relay will just be opening and closing a circuit. In this case a Normally Open circuit will close to complete the circuit.
Id first check the fuse.
Then check continuity from the ground wire back to a ground point on the chassis.
Then check continuity from the + wire to the fuse box.
Then If you're not getting power to the Line (incoming) side of the fuse. Id get wiring manuals out, or ask one of the many more knowlegable (than me) lads on here..

Al

ratboyvalver
28-04-2011, 21:57
cheers fella, still no joy, whte connector in engine relay box has fuel pump feed on cr side of loombut nothing engieide so i think i may have narrowed it down to the engine loom. i need a phase 1 instead of the phase 2 i got now i think. is it possible to convert the loom? im an intruder alarm engineer by trade

fab
29-04-2011, 08:57
Pretty sure you can use phase 1 or 2 looms. Difference is in the color of the thermostat housing sensor.

Are you rebuilding or is this an issue that just came about recently? Need to know some history.

What alarm/immobiliser do you have fitted?

Pics?