Altenator
Hub bottom ball joints
Suspesnion Struts
Top Mounts
Full Wheel Restoration
New Driveshafts
Brembo Disks
Ferodo DS2500

After spending the day sweating, swearing, and straining.
I need help with the outer Track Road Ends.

What a motha' they are to get off!

Looks like the origional set that came those 16-17years ago. Will It be easier to take the inner joint out, and replace it all? Or do you have some good tips to replace just the end?

Additionally, how big'a job is it to change the Power Steering Pump? Engine out job?

Pics will be coming soon.

Wobba
23-04-2011, 21:20
Been changing quite a few parts recently

Altenator
Hub bottom ball joints
Suspesnion Struts
Top Mounts
Full Wheel Restoration
New Driveshafts
Brembo Disks
Ferodo DS2500

After spending the day sweating, swearing, and straining.
I need help with the outer Track Road Ends.

What a motha' they are to get off!

Looks like the origional set that came those 16-17years ago. Will It be easier to take the inner joint out, and replace it all? Or do you have some good tips to replace just the end?

Additionally, how big'a job is it to change the Power Steering Pump? Engine out job?

Pics will be coming soon.

Lol...classic Clio seized track rod ends...best bet is heat if they are stuck.

You can replace the inner rods too...but is it easier? Most people would say: 'NO F@*KING WAY'.

Inner rods are known generally to be one of the shittier jobs with the steering rack on the car.

I used a special tool and it wasn't that bad though. See here: http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41992

As for PS pump...you'll need to undo the gubbins all round the pump, and take the pulley off as well, then with it all loose, get the inlet manifold off and whip the pump off. Don't think you can do it with manifold still on? You may be able too though. Getting to the bolts behind the radiator for the pump bracketing is a bit of a pain, and alternator needs to come off too to

fab
23-04-2011, 21:43
Just the rad off for power steering pump to make job easier.

Wobba doesnt remember anymore cause he's got horns! :lol:

Wobba
24-04-2011, 00:08
Just the rad off for power steering pump to make job easier.

Wobba doesnt remember anymore cause he's got horns! :lol:

Yea, I forget stuff now :D Been ages since I took my PS off!

chip
26-04-2011, 09:14
Heat is your friend definately, I wouldnt worry about taking the rods out of the rack, thats a bitch of a job as you have to take the rack out really to get at the drivers side one as you dont have access to it while its in place.

You dont need oxy levels of heat, just a basic gas torch should be sufficient, so easily doable at home.

Chadwick
26-04-2011, 11:47
Cheers Gents, he's slowly getting there..

Got the N/S one off yesterday with a torch. Then got sidetracked acid bathing, wirebrushing, elbow greasing the calipers, O/S hub, O/S wishbone and ARB.

I Noticed that the moving half of the caliper was totally seized to the fixed half on one of the sliding pins.. Which made me have some funny shaped pads :?

While powerflexing the Anti-Roll Bar one of the supports stripped the thread. So a 5min job took 4hours trying to get access, and dremel the bolt off. :roll:

To add to the fun the pinch bolt on the N/S swivel hub didnt want to come out, so out came the torch again. I'll be tacking this one again today with a fresh batch of patience.

I'll be collecting the wheels tomorrow from the restoration shop in furness vale, Prestige Wheels.
Hopefully Paul from Renault Parts Direct will be sorting my driveshaft and other bits this week. (Big thanks again Paul, top man!)

Todays going to be change rear shocks, remove the spare wheel & Bracketry, altenator, powersteering pump, aux belt. And Lots of Tea.

I'm starting to remember why I put young William under a sheet in the corner of a barn.
The only inspiration is knowing how much of a smile it gives me!