PDA

View Full Version : help with removing injector wires

acerimmer
22-04-2011, 19:18
as the subject says, was tring to do the cam belt today, got most of the small bolts out but how the hell am goin to put um back in is another thing. So we decided to remove the engine as it will be easier to put back together again, plus got to do water pump, oil filter and might as well change the cluch too. Everything was coming off easy until we got to the wire for the injectors as my dad anit got a bloody clue on modern cars, any help on this would be great as hoping to get it out 2moz if poss...
thanks

snowman
22-04-2011, 19:52
There is a small metal spring wire clip that fits around the plastic bodies of the injectors,you need to loosen this before the wiring can be pulled away from the injectors,they should come off quite easy afterwards,hope that helps.

Twincam
22-04-2011, 20:17
If your removing the engine, leave the engine wiring loom on the engine, it's a lot easier

Rich

16v_paddy
22-04-2011, 21:14
If your removing the engine, leave the engine wiring loom on the engine, it's a lot easier

Rich

Just unplug the big brown plug & the white plug from the relay box inbetween the passenger side headlight & suspension tower, undo the earth next to the headlight - don't forget the gearbox earth strap :wink:

Once you've done that the wiring is pretty much completely disconnected from the car, all you need to do then is disconnect a couple of plugs on the drivers side of the bay & trace the thick bundle of wires up to the ecu, undo a few bolts to get the ecu out & that's it. Just dump all the wiring etc on top of the engine & you'll be able to lift it out

Don't forget to remove the speedo cable and the gear linkage - make sure you remove it by undoing the bolt inside the rubber boot and not the clamp bit on the shaft or you'll be back on here swearing about resetting the linkage as it's a total ball ache :P

acerimmer
22-04-2011, 21:18
yeah thanks, have seen the clip but didnt know how to get um off without braking the plastic we didnt want to go in with all our strengt unless there was a easy way to do it.

we looked at it but looks like u have to take the wireing off the injectors to free the engine or is there a way to leave um on, i might have to buy a hanynes book cuz auto data is no bloody good

thanks for your help

16v_paddy
22-04-2011, 22:50
Like I've put above, I've done it several times & makes life so much easier.

Leave the whole lot on the engine, in a nutshell all you're doing is disconnecting the engine loom from the car loom

16v_paddy
22-04-2011, 22:58
Should be able to see all the wiring, ecu & relay box sat on top of the engine there :wink:

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/16v_paddy/Image057.jpg

acerimmer
22-04-2011, 23:03
cheers people, it looks so easy, just writing this down, ill only forget by the mornin. hopefully c u soon at donnington or fcs
:)

acerimmer
24-04-2011, 22:32
engine out now, didnt realise how many pipes n wires are attached to the engine. while its out looks like the cluch is goin to be changed too, more money :shock: