PDA

View Full Version : DOGBONE MOUNT PROBLEM POLYBUSH LOOKS TO BIG!!!!!!

richy1981
17-04-2011, 17:09
hi ive recently bought uprated polybushes for my dogbone on my williams 2,when i got under the car it looks like the dogbone mount is a lot smaller than the polybush i have to put in it,is this right? will it press in or have i got a smaller wrong dogbone mount on my car?????

richy1981
17-04-2011, 17:15
hi ive recently bought uprated polybushes for my dogbone on my williams 2,when i got under the car it looks like the dogbone mount is a lot smaller than the polybush i have to put in it,is this right? will it press in or have i got a smaller wrong dogbone mount on my car?????

Wobba
17-04-2011, 17:18
Pictures dude.

richy1981
17-04-2011, 17:22
i havent got no a camera :( is it possible i could have the wrong dogbone?? a few pics i have seen throughout this site of other peoples mount makes me think i have a smaller 1 because theres look alot bigger,the big bush does,grrrrrr

dkrevs
17-04-2011, 18:00
It's possible that you have lower spec Clio dogbone mount, it's smaller than Williams/Valver item.

stevie_b
18-04-2011, 15:59
Is it the small end of the dogbone or the large end? There are dogbones with the small end that is thinner than most on the Williams/valver. See my pictures in this thread as I had a similar problem:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26535&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

You either need to shave a bit off the polybush or buy a new 'standard' dogbone (although I have owned my car for 14 years and am pretty sure my smaller one was therefore fitted as OE by the factory, but most other cars seem to have a different item fitted!)