PDA

View Full Version : Inner tie roads for widetrack (the differences PAS & w/P

Laine_16v
14-04-2011, 20:08
I have a manual steering rack from a MK1 CLio 1.9 Diesel, it is running the standard inner tie rods on standard track rod ends.

The setup *just* suffices for widetrack, i.e just enough meat of the tie rods ;)

However im renewing everything, and after seeing Dkrevs thread ( http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41724&highlight= )

I decided to purchase the kangoo inner tie rods, now to make sure i got the same as him i ordered what he had however they are listed as power steering tie rods.... my rack is manual.

SO my quesiton is what is the difference between a nonPAS and PAS inner tie rod and will the PAS versions fit my manual rack?

Coops
15-04-2011, 01:00
thread is same, its male or female for the difference

i used my old ends from power rack on 1.2 manual rack as were both female end fitment

Laine_16v
15-04-2011, 07:25
nice one coopstah :)

dkrevs
15-04-2011, 08:39
When I was buying them I asked seller to show me both PAS and nonPAS variants. I think both would be fine. IIRC nonPAS ones had hexagonal shape(probably 19 spanner, or somewhere there) where the joint is, PAS ones are just round like you can see in my thread. I don't know the reason for that, I would just buy nonPAS ones. Oh, and both had male ends and were exactly the same in length.

Laine_16v
15-04-2011, 12:26
Haha contrary to that my PAS ones have the hexagonal fitting on the inner knuckle, may be its just luck of the draw? i cant understand why all of them shouldnt have it, makes life easier removeing and fitting them surely :S

As long as any variants physically fit to the rack, then its all good :)