PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP

Markic
11-04-2011, 12:36
Hey guys, I need help, really.
Some of the light bulbs on my dashboard are not working. I want to change them.
I took the top of the dash off, and unscrewed the screws from the top of the gauges, but I can't seem to figure out how to take them out.
I've never done this on Clio, just on R-5, and it's just 2 screws on R-5.
As I don't want to BREAK something, please, could anyone help me out how to get gauges out (both - main+ oil level/temp/press).
These cars are very old, and plastics like to crack, so please advice me, as I'm really afraid not to break something.

Cheers guys!

Markic
11-04-2011, 13:23
Please guys, I will work on this when I get home and could use some advice.
Thanks!

Yanoo_
11-04-2011, 13:25
Hey guys, I need help, really.
Some of the light bulbs on my dashboard are not working. I want to change them.
I took the top of the dash off, and unscrewed the screws from the top of the gauges, but I can't seem to figure out how to take them out.
I've never done this on Clio, just on R-5, and it's just 2 screws on R-5.
As I don't want to BREAK something, please, could anyone help me out how to get gauges out (both - main+ oil level/temp/press).
These cars are very old, and plastics like to crack, so please advice me, as I'm really afraid not to break something.

Cheers guys!

There are 4 screws (the lower 2 screws are covered by the upper steering coloum cover if I remember right) and you have to disconnect the speedo cable.

cliokiz
11-04-2011, 13:28
To get the oil dials out you have to use a bit of force, just pull them and you'll see whats holding them in, just twist them and they'll pop out i think

Might be a better way to do it but thats usually how i do it lol

Markic
11-04-2011, 13:36
To get the oil dials out you have to use a bit of force, just pull them and you'll see whats holding them in, just twist them and they'll pop out i think

Might be a better way to do it but thats usually how i do it lol

That's exactly where I stopped. Didn't want to use force not to break anything?
What's with the other 3 dials (oil level/temp/press)?

Thanks guys

cliokiz
11-04-2011, 13:51
Nonono i meant for the oil dials! not the main dials!

Don't use force to remove the main dials whatever you do! :shock:

Markic
11-04-2011, 14:18
Nonono i meant for the oil dials! not the main dials!

Don't use force to remove the main dials whatever you do! :shock:

Ok. so how do I take the main ones out matey? :shock:

Wobba
11-04-2011, 14:40
Have to take the steering column cowling off to get access to other screws underneath. It's obvious which ones.

Also, with these off you can unplug some of the wiring plugs and you need to press the white plastic shaft between thumb and finger to disconnect speedo cable. Hard to do unless you have weeny tiny hands.

cliokiz
11-04-2011, 14:41
As someone mentioned above, remove the top two torx screws, then remove the plastics surrounding the steering wheel and there's two torx screws underneath that you need to undo.

This will allow you to tilt them forward, then you'll need to unplug the speedo cable (big white plug) from the back, and all the other electrical connections to remove them.