PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal dilemma

Jaymzfc
06-04-2011, 14:39
About 8 months ago i changed the clutch pedal/clutch and a good second hand cable, now as the months go on the pedal is getting lower and lower to change gear in fact its starts biting when the clutch pedal is nearly fully down, it seems the ratchet needs to reset itself but isn't. Should i replace the cable (i have a new one) or try and reset the pedal myself somehow??
Putting it into reverse is also becoming an issue and its starting to grind everytime now.

tks guys
Jaymz

cliokiz
06-04-2011, 15:08
Could be your clutch pivot bush is worn

Have you tried removing the pedal stop to see if that helps?

16v_paddy
06-04-2011, 21:28
Sounds exactly like the symptoms I had & it turned out to be the pivot bush, gearbox off job I'm afraid

Jaymzfc
07-04-2011, 12:24
Hope it's not, i'm gonna replace the cable since i have a spare anyhow and make sure the pedal is on properly, if it still does it i guess ill have to go down that frikkin road, any idea of the part number for that bush.
tks again guys

fab
07-04-2011, 12:42
How many miles on the box?

have a look under the dash where the clutch pedal is. there is a brown stop that prevents the pedal from rising too high.
Remove this and let the pedal come up, this will allow the rachet to give your cable less length. Put the stop back on and see how it goes.

also remove airbox and make sure the rubber on the cable has not perished or become unseated.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/fabtrader/Other%20Images/clutch-cable.gif

16v_paddy
07-04-2011, 23:12
Also on mine, because the plastic bush had worn away it then wore through the clutch fork itself

Part number for the bush is 77 00 715 851 90p according to my old copy of dialogys :wink: