PDA

View Full Version : Disaster, just bloody typical.

MatrixGuy
02-04-2011, 15:59
My car is up for sale and today i thought I would vacuum the inside of the car.

I have just noticed the whole carpet on the passenger side is absolutely soaking through, front and back.

Where could the water of come through?!

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Justin..
02-04-2011, 16:27
rear window seal maybe

MatBrown
02-04-2011, 16:27
Heater matrix if its coolant.

MatrixGuy
02-04-2011, 16:58
I checked the boot and the carpet and underlay is completely soaked too. I dont have a clue what to do.

2 live
02-04-2011, 17:02
might want to check the joint on the rear washer pipe, around the btm of the seatbelt if its losing washer fluid . failing that, as above, window seal.

MatrixGuy
02-04-2011, 17:05
Thanks guys. It just smells of water really.

Coops
02-04-2011, 17:55
as above, usually its the rear washer come undone and pissed its water into the footwells, all my clios have had that fault at some point in their past, turbo was absolutely drenched under the carpet

MatrixGuy
02-04-2011, 18:23
Stupid question, where exactly do i find the rear washer pipe?

stevie_b
02-04-2011, 20:25
At the rear, it is underneath the plastic trim panel that you need to remove on the inside of the boot. Before you bother taking that off, if you open the boot and then put the rear washer on do you see water dripping out from behind the plastic trim panel afterwards?

diditno
02-04-2011, 21:20
check to see if your rear washer works first. ie chucks water out. if not as said before it's the water pipe for the washer under the front of the back seats.

MatrixGuy
02-04-2011, 21:38
At the rear, it is underneath the plastic trim panel that you need to remove on the inside of the boot. Before you bother taking that off, if you open the boot and then put the rear washer on do you see water dripping out from behind the plastic trim panel afterwards?

I tried getting the plastic panel off but it won't come free. Do you have to unbolt something first?

I have a feeling this is what's caused it as i got that area of carpet up and it's very wet.

djtlane
02-04-2011, 22:28
Not sure if its the same as my mk1 gti, try looking crap in the well in front of the windscreen, under the grill, there is usually a drain pipe down to the inside of the wing, if this blocks the water level in the bulkhead rises and goes into the footwell - worth a look

katbloke
03-04-2011, 13:42
Plastic pipe also runs across infront of rear bench, pop it out and check there to see if its wet

MatrixGuy
03-04-2011, 13:59
Update, the rear washer works properly, i checked to see if anything was squirting out inside but it's not. The main area of wet is underneath the rear passenger seat under the plastic trim.... i just cant get it off properly.

I wish one of you guys lived near me to help.

Wobba
03-04-2011, 14:00
If it's the front of the car in passenger foot well near stereo it is heater matrix.

If it is under the seat of front passenger, it's the pipe to the rear washer, which is routed on the left of the car under the carpet and plastic trim.

cooper
03-04-2011, 14:05
i had this problem in my valver, turned out to be the drain pipe in the scuttle was blocked and it was running through the bulkhead and into the passenger footwell, check under the scuttle an see if its full of water :wink:

2 live
03-04-2011, 16:35
If it's the front of the car in passenger foot well near stereo it is heater matrix.

If it is under the seat of front passenger, it's the pipe to the rear washer, which is routed on the left of the car under the carpet and plastic trim.

by the sound of it, its the whole of the n/s floor thats pissed wet through. window seals, door seals, boot seal all ok??

MatrixGuy
03-04-2011, 17:25
The seals seem fine, although I will have to test them.