PDA

View Full Version : Emerald

Wobba
29-03-2011, 16:47
Emerald not only make their own brand of aftermarket ECU for cars like ours (some hate them lol), but they have Dave Walker who does all their mapping.

What can I say? Not only did we achieve higher than expected results, their service was faultless, taking care of my car and repairing a few niggles AND rewiring and uprating the firmware on the ECU for me.

We also had some fun at the end of the session with some secret testing, though I have been asked not to talk about it for the time being. Let's just say my car was borrowed for a time to conduct some 'tests' lol :D

Great service. Excellent value for money. My car is transformed. never misses a beat.

Dave and his team also diagnosed a misfire and solved it for me as part of the deal.

Can't recommend them enough. It's great to get a tuner that totally knows what they are doing, lets you have loads of fun, ask loads of questions, and provides an excellent service.

chip
29-03-2011, 16:50
Dave is great, one of the best tuners out there for sure.

I hate the product itself though, its so cumbersome to use compared to most modern ecu's, far too many key presses per change.

They really do need someone with at least a basic background in UI design to get involved with that product at some point, literally a few days work from the right person could see it massively improved.

Wobba
29-03-2011, 17:00
Dave is great, one of the best tuners out there for sure.

I hate the product itself though, its so cumbersome to use compared to most modern ecu's, far too many key presses per change.

They really do need someone with at least a basic background in UI design to get involved with that product at some point, literally a few days work from the right person could see it massively improved.

They showed me some new stuff they have for an improved GUI. Apparently it keeps being about 99% ready to be signed off but the developer keeps changing his mind!

chip
29-03-2011, 17:02
Judging by the current offering the last time he made his mind up was in about 1986 and he wasnt very up to date then!

Its ****ing shocking!

Glad to hear it is going to progress (eventually) though as the core product is actually quite good (ie once its mapped it works ok)

16v_paddy
29-03-2011, 19:15
Secret testing :lol: :wink:

Wobba
29-03-2011, 21:46
Secret testing :lol: :wink:

It was COOOL!

16v_paddy
29-03-2011, 23:10
I know :wink:

chip
30-03-2011, 09:07
Well lets hope that its also actually usable in the car for the first time ever, I map on a very wide variety of ECU's and nothing else comes even slightly close to being as shite as the emerald offering!
Even about ten years ago when I first mapped on it, it was already out of date! :shock:
Whoever wrote it the first time around should be taken outside and shot so fingers crossed its not the same muppet again this time!

Laine_16v
30-03-2011, 20:17
Wonder if the K6 software is any better? My mates got one on his 106 turbo, looks interesting.