PDA

View Full Version : Help with a mondeo - engine swap

16v_paddy
28-03-2011, 22:10
Need some help from you professional folk on here :P as you've probably come across this issue I've got

Currently ripping a dead engine out of a mates T reg 1.8 mondeo, I'm a bit stuck with a couple of things that I want to remove but want to make sure I know how it's done before I go mental on them :twisted:

1st one is how do you remove the gear linkage cables? I can't quite figure out how they're supposed to come off plus there's **** all room to get your hands in there to get them off so it's something I'm gonna do when the engine is off it's mounts and there's room to get my hands in

2nd is how do you take the brake servo vacuum pipe off? Looks like it just pulls off as there's no jubilee clips holding it on like on the valver but it's made of plastic & it's rather tight so i'm bothered about breaking it if I just try to yank it off, any trade secrets I should know about?

Other than that it's ready to be lifted out

rochdale_williams
29-03-2011, 00:38
Servo pipe should kind of just push in the pull out if that makes any sense. There's a smaller collar around the pipe going into the manifold. I'd you push it in the pipe will pull out. If its the ib5 box(the one without lift up reverse) then the cables should come free with a two pronged trim tool from the selection unit. If you mean the part in the bracket over the back of the box they twist at the plastic part and pull out.

Hopefully that makes sense, could do them both in a couple of minutes for you, but hard to describe.