PDA

View Full Version : would i get 5k for a maxi replica?

walters300
28-03-2011, 10:42
spring/ summer tinkering has started and i have decided one car is going to be enough. so I am going to get rid of my maxi replica and keep the w3. I am wondering whether its worth my while spending £1700 to finish the maxi and try and get around 5k for it. the final spec would be as follows

1.8 16v shell with maxi kit and sunroof covered over and bonnet vent.
silver with full maxi sticker kit
white wheels so it will look the same.

F7R turbo engine only done 500 miles on low boost( will be going to kj to make sure its all okay)

sparco suede steering wheel and whatever sparco seats i can get for a reasonable price off ebay.

bilstein b8 front shocks with lowering springs and gaz rear.

scuttle induction kit like the group A.

These cars are fetching very poor money these days and if you guys dont think id get that back I might as well hang on to it and do it over a longer period to avoid getting pissed off spending money on it. :( any advice appreciated :wink:

chip
28-03-2011, 10:48
5K probably isnt an unrealistic figure for the value if its very very well done, but on the other hand, even if its actually worth that, finding someone who wants it and has the cash all in one go isnt going to be easy.
Generally people with 5K to spend all in one go dont buy a mk1 clio with it.

I think if you are looking for a quick sale you will almost certainly be dissapointed.

walters300
28-03-2011, 10:56
its 95% there with only paint and a few bits to do, the most expensive being the paint, trouble is the w3 needs a bit of tlc too and to get both mint would be 3k and I dont fancy spending that on them. I will see if there is any die hard maxi fan on here who wants the finished article and if not keep both and do it over a longer period. one of these cars is more than enough hassle and expense in my opinion :P