PDA

View Full Version : MOT today...

Wobba
17-03-2011, 12:38
The guys I am using are well known for being very thorough. fail me each year on the usual stuff.

this year it will fail on:

headlight adjustment
no catalytic converter
lack of mid section exhaust hanger / exhaust not supported

and if they are being really anal:

suspension system too low causing scrubbing on bodywork
and my front tyres are looking low on tread especially since new engine went in :roll:

sideways danny
17-03-2011, 13:04
thats not a fail, thats taking it to the wrong place

MatrixGuy
17-03-2011, 14:44
Talk about being picky!!

We spend god knows how much money on our Williams, keep it pristine, etc and it amazes me how some cars on the road pass their MOT when they look ready for the scrap heap.

rochdale_williams
17-03-2011, 15:38
The first you listed Id fail but the others would have to be extreme to fail. It's always worth remembering that if you miss it and it causes a accident the tester ends up in trouble. I wouldn't last in prison.

ThRaXaIR
17-03-2011, 18:13
well your obviously not gunna get away with no CAT, and i dont care when it was registered :P

Wobba
17-03-2011, 19:50
First time in my ownership: MOT PASS

HURRAH!

Advised of steering play caused by something on nearside...good to know as it felt a bit odd recently. Gives me an excuse for new wishbones and track rod ends etc again :)

They sorted the headlights before the test.

Woohoo!

stevie_b
17-03-2011, 20:24
Great news to hear one less thing for you to worry about!

MatBrown
17-03-2011, 20:32

Woohoo!

And so they should!

2 live
17-03-2011, 21:09

Woohoo!

And so they should!

was just gunna say that lol.

surely the garage/mot er is supposed to adjust these things for free if they can??? i know my place does. they are also very very strict.

A&P
17-03-2011, 21:31
Yes because us garages have got nothing else better to do than adjust things for free. :lol:

Wobba
17-03-2011, 21:32
yayayayayayayayayayaaaaaaay!

sideways danny
17-03-2011, 22:47

Woohoo!

And so they should!

was just gunna say that lol.

surely the garage/mot er is supposed to adjust these things for free if they can??? i know my place does. they are also very very strict.

actually it's exactly the opposite, they're meant to test it in the condition it is presented. Technically they're not allowed to make adjustments or fix anything during a test