PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with...

Danno
10-03-2011, 21:27
...my Fecking CV. :evil: I need some help with my CV, i'm applying for jobs and am sure my cv isnt making the impact i need it to. i'm thinking it could be the way its laid out maybe, i want it so when a potetial employer looks at it, he thinks wow and all that. and to be honest I'm totally shit at this sort of thing, ive never got a job via my CV in fact im tossing about with my original 1 from when i was 17. im oldskool and have always knocked on the door or got a start through a mate. can any1 help with some ideas???????

cheers

fab
10-03-2011, 21:49
Danno i'd stick to your original plan of knocking on doors and getting jobs through mates, cause if you ask me it does not matter how good a cv is it still is not enough sometimes.

but if you insist, one tip I have is that you need to tailor your CV to match the job your applying for and try keep it short and concise. no point having stuff on there from when you were 17 if it has nothing to do with the job your applying for.

nowadays aswell it's probably not a bad idea to have some sort of FB profile as employers are looking at this more and more.

ThRaXaIR
10-03-2011, 21:51
get your CV together. then make sure you include a cover letter that is tailored to each job you apply for, thus showing your interest in the job.

Danno
11-03-2011, 15:24
panic over..... I got a start monday 8)

thanks for the help tho :)