PDA

View Full Version : plans for the summer ?

tadley parkie
06-03-2011, 01:21
so the summer is on the way and i am very keen to get my williams 3 up together.
over the winter i have fitted goodrige braided brake lines and an omp strut brace.
So once the weather gets better i am going to have a crack at some body work, both rear arches and the bottoms of both doors and also gunna have a crack at refurbing my wheels hopefully in the right colour??, and i may also take the toyo t1rs off and buy a set of yokohama parada spec-2s?. And a good service should keep me going.
just wondering if anyone else has plans during the summer for your car ?

diditno
06-03-2011, 01:42
for this year im planning to change the turinis, for standard refurbed willy wheels, apart from the colour, new clutch, poss paddle one, remap to sort the omex management out, get the french car show out the way, and the some body work, with full repaint. so not to much.

16v_paddy
06-03-2011, 01:46
My plans involve raping the shit out of it on track :twisted:

tadley parkie
06-03-2011, 02:25
what colour are your wheels going ? after all the paint has been done sounds like it will look awsome :D dont think i would like to attempt a clutch just yet maybe in time tho. OMEX! sounds like u have have some work done thn :)
i have never done a trak day personally but have heard its good fun!
ohh and i forgot to add in the leaking sunroof needs taking out and putting back in properly again second time iv done one ! any advice will be welcome.

16v_paddy
06-03-2011, 02:35
He's a dirty great cheater cos he's got a turbo :P

Driving on track is immense fun, makes all the hassle & expense these cars put us through well worth it 8)
If you're available on the 19th March & can make it to Bedford Autodrome, there's going to be 6 ITB'd mk1's from this club and C16v out on track, pop down & see what all the fuss is about :wink:

tadley parkie
06-03-2011, 02:42
sounds like a good day out i might pop up for that its 102 miles away though but i will see if im working or not. cheers for the heads up though.

dkrevs
06-03-2011, 11:08
First to sort my Widetrack and some better tyres. Then F7P/R swap.

snowman
06-03-2011, 11:44
to maybe have a working car again....maybe

FATBOY
06-03-2011, 12:50
so the summer is on the way and i am very keen to get my williams 3 up together.
over the winter i have fitted goodrige braided brake lines and an omp strut brace.
So once the weather gets better i am going to have a crack at some body work, both rear arches and the bottoms of both doors and also gunna have a crack at refurbing my wheels hopefully in the right colour??, and i may also take the toyo t1rs off and buy a set of yokohama parada spec-2s?. And a good service should keep me going.
just wondering if anyone else has plans during the summer for your car ?

i hope your williams 3 is not fitted with a sunroof????

diditno
06-03-2011, 13:09
what colour are your wheels going ? after all the paint has been done sounds like it will look awsome :D dont think i would like to attempt a clutch just yet maybe in time tho. OMEX! sounds like u have have some work done thn :)
ohh and i forgot to add in the leaking sunroof needs taking out and putting back in properly again second time iv done one ! any advice will be welcome.

i think im going to for antracite with a polished lip, did some before but never got them fitted in the end, here thet are/were

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/diditno/000_0017.jpg

diditno
06-03-2011, 13:11
or anthracite even

robi1000
06-03-2011, 13:50
To fit my ITB conversion, fit new bigger brakes, new suspension, new exhaust, new rear beam, weld front subframe, wheel refurb,...

A lot of work! :lol:

Smokey McPot
06-03-2011, 13:52
New Gearbox, new suspension.

tadley parkie
06-03-2011, 15:51
Glad to hear that it's not just me that has got some work to do. My Williams 3 does have a sunroof it's is my understaning that all the 3s had one fitted from factory?
Those wheels look mint mate the lips on mine arnt the best im thinking of getting them diamond cut and polished during my refurb, think I'm gunna stick with the gold though.

Jaymzfc
06-03-2011, 18:06
End of April, remove subframe blast it and sort it out, replace all bushes and refit, while i'm at it replace wishbone bushes and anti roll bar ones as well.
In a bit of a dilemma to use standard bushes or go for powerflex ones, my cars a daily drive and i've been told its not such a good idea for a daily use your opinions ?

tadley parkie
06-03-2011, 18:18
i have poly arb bushes to fit and iv got the poly dog bone engine mount currently fitted makes a lot of difference but i have been told that the poly ones dont last as long as standard ones hovever i dont no how true that is anyones elses thoughts on this would be appreciated iv also changed wishbone bushes and they are an a** without a press but good luck

FATBOY
06-03-2011, 18:38
yes mate they are all fitted with sunroofs. i was going to fit a strut brace to my 3 but i was told it wouldnt be wise to fit it as i had a sunroof, what happens is the car doesnt flex as much and the roof ripples either side of the sunroof.... just a heads up 8)

tadley parkie
06-03-2011, 18:45
ok no mate will keep an eye on it thanks for the heads up though appreciate it

Wobba
06-03-2011, 20:08

i think im going to for antracite with a polished lip, did some before but never got them fitted in the end, here thet are/were

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/diditno/000_0017.jpg

Nice ;)

Coops
06-03-2011, 20:50
i plan to drive the pants off mine until something blows

thats about it!

Laine_16v
06-03-2011, 20:55
i plan to drive the pants off mine until something blows

thats about it!

Same for me, and a few trackdays :)

Coops
06-03-2011, 21:01
oh ai, track and pod mainly, and road use at the weekends when weathers good :-)

theweekendhaslanded
06-03-2011, 21:28
Good old rear arches and sills need attention on my Willy 3. Then MOT hope fully next month!! Then sort the oil leak, not sure where its coming from as its wet thru! A good steam off and investigation.