PDA

View Full Version : my williams cuts out help!

cliowilliams174
03-03-2011, 00:19
My williams just cuts out when driving usually at slow speeds as I go to accelerate like its cutting of fuel or engine cutting out for few seconds then goes again. Its like someone putting brakes on. I have done a full service including sparkplugs leads, rotor arm, distributor cap. It has made it better but not solved it, thinking of changing coil do you think that's what it could be? Some help would be great, cheers dean.

walters300
03-03-2011, 00:56
that happened to me before but i had been messing with the ecu and didnt put it back in properly, water can run down the loom into the ecu, worth a look to see there is no water in it, otherwise worth checking your leads maybe, or fuel pump? Distributor?

walters300
03-03-2011, 00:58
although you have done leads/ distributor check with others as some spurious parts can be defective in my experience

Twincam
03-03-2011, 07:46
It's worth checking the earth leads. I had this on a my old 16v. Turned out it was the earth lead which attaches through the gearbox mount. Infact the threads were actually stripped.

zmaster2k
03-03-2011, 08:13
It's worth checking the earth leads. I had this on a my old 16v. Turned out it was the earth lead which attaches through the gearbox mount. Infact the threads were actually stripped.

I had EXACTLY this drove me mental!

Coops
03-03-2011, 09:12
i've had same syptoms, both causes, misfire due to dodgy earth on the gearbox mount and misfire due to water in the ecu pins/plug