PDA

View Full Version : Oil filter

canelloni
01-03-2011, 08:30
Is it possible to swap the oil filter without taking the inlet manifold off. I can't see a way of getting it out :roll: [/u]

stevie_b
01-03-2011, 09:22
Yes, it is. The OE filters are quite small and come out without too much trouble. If you have a Halfords filter or one of the other larger ones they are a very tight fit to get out of the engine bay. I got mine out from below - rocking the engine back on its mounts gave just enough space between the block and the subframe to slide it through.

walters300
01-03-2011, 09:37
the way i do mine is> i have an airfilter removal tool which has a strap and a thread on the end to tighten the strap, i feed that up from underneath hook the filter and tighten the strap then unscrew the filter a bit, i then loosen the strap as i will have run out of space although a small amount of turn usually releases it, i then jam my hand in around the alternator area to unscrew it fully and let it drop, similar efforts in reverse to fit a new one, :roll:

A&P
01-03-2011, 12:42
Theres a hole next to the rad on drivers side you can get youre arm through (thats if the oil filter is not too tight.

Wobba
01-03-2011, 15:11
Theres a hole next to the rad on drivers side you can get youre arm through (thats if the oil filter is not too tight.

I've done it this way, rips yer arm up a bit on the alterntor but can be done.

Or, remove airbox and go in that side.

Use a decent filter remover, makes like a lot easier.

I've done it from underneath as well just for fun.

chip
01-03-2011, 15:15
If you take the slam panel and radiator off its easy as anything, so if you do really struggle to get at it I would do that rather than consider taking the inlet off which is a bitch of a job.

MatBrown
01-03-2011, 18:55

Thats the way i do it.

zmaster2k
01-03-2011, 19:58
drivers headlight out... for me

cliopete
03-03-2011, 18:23
drivers headlight out... for me

And me