PDA

View Full Version : What to do? serious bad luck

simonr85
18-02-2011, 18:06
Well where to start, i bought some yokohamam advan semi slicks for the willy and treated her to a full tank of super juice, the same night my my cambelt snapped, luckily i had a spare engine all built up and ready to drop in so i put the new engine in my williams with a gearbox i bought of an old member on here, and the next day it all had to come out again as the gearbox was like a collander and wouldnt hold oil. so i put my old gearbox which was fine on the new engine and things were spot on (or so i thought) 6 days later the oil pump has packed in on the new engine and sounds like it has took something with it as it sounds horrible when its revved. After spending so much time and money on it this week i have given up and have just gone out and bought an EP3 civic type R, i know there not as quick or fun, but at least its going to be reliable and cheaper on fuel.

So now what do i do with #250?

i want to strip her out and turn into a track car,fix both engines, 1 fast road spec and 1 stupid spec as i have been collecting turbo bits for a while as this was why i had the other engine, now my friends are saying that i cannot butcher a williams, but i cant really see me using the williams that much as it will take me over a year to fix it (money situation) and they are telling me to get a valver shell. i explained that the willy shells are seam welded so are better and wouldnt have to mess around swapping widetrack etc.

my williams has quite a few good parts on like wilwood 4 pots and brembo discs alround, 4th engine mount, straight thru custom exhaust with no silencers so i have everything i need (when i fix the engines) to have a fast track car

but what would you do in my situation? ive used the williams as a daily driver for over 4 years and clocked up over 70k on it so i have had my use out of it, would you keep it and track it? or would you sell it to another enthusiast to restore it as its a good number to have and obviously they are getting rarer and rarer, the shell would need a respray to make it mint so i wouldnt really get much money in its current state

please help i dont know what to do, i really dont want to get rid of it but i dont want to be a williams murderer and i dont have the time or money to make it a minter!

Wobba
18-02-2011, 18:18
Keep it. Open engine, fix, back in.

Or get new already sorted engine and plonk it in, job done. Evogone has a 11.5 high comp one for sale.

Guess it depends on how much time and effort you want to go too!

Don't worry about what people say. It's your car and as long as you dont utterly destroy it, it can always be returned to OE spec...like mine ;)

16v_paddy
18-02-2011, 20:29
That's some chronic bad luck mate :(

robi1000
18-02-2011, 21:35
That's really bad luck!

OFF: Williams and valver shells are different (seam welding)?

jamiecrookston83
18-02-2011, 22:22
Keep it. Leave it for a while (if you can) clear the head. Gain a new enthusiasm for it and get back into it. I know where you are coming from mate. Been there I don't know how many times. But when something happens to the car it bugs me so much, like over the winter i've had mine off the road due to things like yourself, but now that i've fixed it. My first drive in it last week. Man oh man I fell in love with the car all over again.

ThRaXaIR
19-02-2011, 00:25
i wouldn't butcher a 1 for a track car. maybe sell it and buy a 2 for track work. or rebuild it of course.

Seriously bad luck, i'd be in tears :(

zmaster2k
19-02-2011, 00:59
Willys ain't seam welded,'think the cup cars were

robi1000
19-02-2011, 01:01
That's what I thought.

simonr85
20-02-2011, 20:04
Willys ain't seam welded,'think the cup cars were

must be wrong then, thought i read it somewhere but it must of been the cup cars, still undecided what to do but think im gonna make it into a track/nice weekend blast car, going to rebuild my original engine first and take a peek what was inside as it was alot faster than the replacement engine and all the other williams i had a little play with on here.

Loving the fuel economy and heaters that work on the CTR, which makes up for my bad luck :D

simonr85
20-02-2011, 20:05
haha i like how it replaces C T R with bread van :lol: