PDA

View Full Version : sunroof questions

zmaster2k
15-02-2011, 19:46
ok does anybody actually know how to fix the leaky sunroof?

car is stripped, its DEFINATLY the sunroof

anybody know how to fix this?

can i get a new seal/gasket?

also can i fit a manual sunroof over the electric?

Justin..
15-02-2011, 20:46
Manual roof is the same just a handle instead of motor. The pop up one doesn't fit in place of a tilt and slide.

Tommy
15-02-2011, 21:40
I realise before suggesting that you may not want to, but... if its stripped you could just weld it up? or fit plastic in its place?

just a thought!

scratabout1988
15-02-2011, 21:49
I realise before suggesting that you may not want to, but... if its stripped you could just weld it up? or fit plastic in its place?

just a thought!

i was thinking of this as for a track car i'd prefer to use a valver hybrid rather than spoil my williams.

trouble is all valvers have the sunroof! how could you get a good shape on the plastic/welded material as it's not flat? :?

LEIGH-ANNE
15-02-2011, 22:00

just a thought!

i was thinking of this as for a track car i'd prefer to use a valver hybrid rather than spoil my williams.

trouble is all valvers have the sunroof! how could you get a good shape on the plastic/welded material as it's not flat? :?

We use carbon fibre or a fibreglass panel which flexes slightly and nice and snug :D

scratabout1988
15-02-2011, 22:02

just a thought!

We use carbon fibre or a fibreglass panel which flexes slightly and nice and snug :D

Sweet! would there be a place to get this ready made or i'm guessing they're a self fabricate jobby?

zmaster2k
15-02-2011, 22:08
Yeh dont particularly want to weld it/rivit it up. Wouldn't mind a carbon fiber panel but they are silly money from streamline carbon(look ****ing sexy though!)

2 live
15-02-2011, 23:10
or get a non sunroof model roof and get a bodyshop to weld it in. few spot welds, lick o paint....job done ;)

reno will no doubt still sell the roofs too

16v_paddy
16-02-2011, 01:17
or get a non sunroof model roof and get a bodyshop to weld it in. few spot welds, lick o paint....job done ;)

reno will no doubt still sell the roofs too

:rotflmao:

On a serious note tho, I've discussed a similar idea on here & c16v on the subject, some interesting points & ideas raised, just gonna need someone who can be arsed to have a go at it

oh and someone who can be arsed to find the threads too :P