PDA

View Full Version : What route to take?

JamieG
13-02-2011, 23:03
I am after a bit of advice about what to do next with my Williams.

I have come to the position where the Williams isn't going to be driven on a daily basis. I was contemplating selling the car to fund something else, but i don't think thats what i want to do now.

There are a few things that need sorting on the vehicle.

It needs the exhaust replacing, the manifold is blowing and i don't like the scorpion exhaust that i currently have fitted. What do you think would be the best option to go down? Replace everything for standard items, a good condition manifold and downpipe and a a new genuine centre and rear section of exhaust. Or do i buy a AAS performance exhaust for it and a supersprint exhaust.

I am all for modifying cars to uprated parts when the standard items are broken.

The wheels all need refurbishing, and that is something that will be completed once its taken off the road completely on a day to day basis.

I want a few parts for under the engine bay to tidy things up, new washer bottle, new heatshield and some new plastic trims too.

What would you say would be the best route to go down, personally i'm swaying for the standard route tbh, i think its a much more diserable car being a standard car. Whats your thoughts?!

LEIGH-ANNE
13-02-2011, 23:15
I say buy another williams, have one standard and one not...like me :twisted: :twisted:

On a serious note. As all the things your after are expensive, start with the smaller things like changing the coolant bottle for an unckle Schakal special...look into referbing the plastics (plastic dye) Then that gives you plenty time to save up for a new manifold...or keep an eye out for ebay cheapness.

Dont do it all at once, wheres the fun in that :D

JamieG
13-02-2011, 23:18
Yeah they are all fairly expensive things. The plastics seem to have been painted in the past and are all flaking off. They'd probably be best replaced for new items.

I am going plastic die the scuttle panels and such, as that will be perfect for such application.

Yeah a schakal coolant bottle is what i'm after along with a hinge kit from him too. :)

So then, standard or modified!?

bass_direct
14-02-2011, 01:19
Standard all the way, it will only go up in value and standard ones are becoming rare.

Smokey McPot
14-02-2011, 13:05
Standard vote from me.

JamieG
14-02-2011, 19:39
I think standard is the route for me. Priced up a complete cat back exhaust from Renault today, and it would come to me at £148 for both sections, which is quite a bit cheaper than some of the traders on here.

So I'm gonna get my scorpion advertised and get a standard item fitted. :D

LEIGH-ANNE
15-02-2011, 21:43
:thumbsup: