PDA

View Full Version : Can't get the bloody spoiler off!

Benvk
11-02-2011, 15:32
Is there some kind of trick to this? I see two empty holes on the ends of the spoiler so I thought it would just pull off. It ain't moving though and I don't want to break it. :?

northy
11-02-2011, 15:55
its stuck on with some super strength white tape pal, once u start to lift it u will see it coming away. The spoiler is strong so take your time and enjoy cleaning all that white tape off :winkey:

Benvk
11-02-2011, 15:58
I'll give it a go, thanks. Maybe some warm water down the back of it will soften the glue up...

Wobba
11-02-2011, 19:47
Aren't there a couple of clips too?

katbloke
11-02-2011, 21:10
4 clips, 2 on each side equally spaced from centre, run some cotton down the gap and use it to slice through the adhesive tape then or maybe a warm up with hairdryer/ paint gun

cliopete
19-02-2011, 16:52
Having just fitted a new rear spoiler to replace a non standard Prima spoiler I can confirm that there are 6 clips in total, along the bottom edge of the spoiler just above the window glass and a thin strip of adhesive tape along the top edge of spoiler.
It's reasonably easy to release the clips by pulling up on the edge of the spoiler starting at one end, having removed the screws of course, working along the length. Once it's free of the clips the spoiler comes off the adhesive quite easily.

Pete