PDA

View Full Version : Rear Beam

Twincam
26-01-2011, 13:43
Not sure whether this is the right section?

But does anyone know where you can get rear beams refurbished? Or if not has anyone ever changed the rear bushes in the beam before?

Wanting to change mine before putting the car back together

Thanks Rich

northy
26-01-2011, 13:46
The rear bushes are very expensive £150odd from memory and u can only get one side. Not sure which side though.

I would look for a better beam rather than recon if the bushes are no good.

robi1000
26-01-2011, 17:33
Just fit novilon bushes. Better car control and they're cheaper! 8)

Yanoo_
26-01-2011, 18:12
The rear bushes are very expensive £150odd from memory and u can only get one side. Not sure which side though.

I would look for a better beam rather than recon if the bushes are no good.

Holy sh*t. A decent rear beam full refurbishment costs no more than ~£140 in Hungary (2 bushes are included in this price). Silly Renault prices :-k

schakal
26-01-2011, 18:29
there was a company selling a refurbed renault extra axle on
ebay a while back .dont know any other companies that would do the refurb.

i have fully refurbed the rear axle on my R9 .
clio axle would be similar . i was meant to do a proper guide
on this but never got round doing it.
its fiddley and time consuming but deffo worth it .
i will be doing a 19 16v one once the weather gets a little warmer.

northy , the cost of the bush would be around £40 a side max
the price you got sounds like its for the bush and trailing arm.
which is not needed for the job . same story with 9 and 19s .

Twincam
26-01-2011, 19:07
The beam bushes do seem fine but I can't believe at being 18 years old that the rubber is starting to feel a little tired. Also after putting alot of money into the coilovers for the car I'd hate to find the bushes let it down in the end :wink:

Shaka where did you get your bushes from and difficult was it getting the old bushes out?

schakal
26-01-2011, 19:34
i got mine from reno mate , its not easy but not impossible
if you are determined . i used a dremel to cut the remains of
the bush out .

i took a lot of pics while doing mine .
might dig them out if you ask nicely :wink:

Twincam
26-01-2011, 21:15
i got mine from reno mate , its not easy but not impossible
if you are determined . i used a dremel to cut the remains of
the bush out .

i took a lot of pics while doing mine .
might dig them out if you ask nicely :wink:

That would be appreciated mate

Il contact Renault tomorrow to see if you can still get the parts

Rich

northy
27-01-2011, 13:51
Mmm if thats the case i will take 2 x each side in replacement bushes.

The bushes were part of the bracket that bolts the axle to the car from what i saw / was told ????

Talk to me...........cash waiting :winkey:

Wobba
27-01-2011, 15:26
Would be nice to see the costs and if we can have them fabricated. Not sure what the symptoms are of a worn rear beam bush, anyone know?

Squeak
27-01-2011, 15:41
i would be interested in this as all my other suspension is refurbished (once i get my ast's anyway ;) )

schakal
27-01-2011, 15:51
this is what the bush looks like on the 5/9/19/11/21
i always thought the bush was the same on clio but the trailing arm
that connects the axle to the chassis is different .

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/renaultparts/21torsy.jpg

metal outer sleeve , bush and metal inner sleeve ^^

Twincam
27-01-2011, 21:25
That Shaks looks the same as the Clio bush. Although I'm not sure whether there would be size difference

Got a quote from Renault parts direct today who said they couldn't find a part number for the bush but you can buy a new beam at £1007 +vat :shock:

It's something I'l have to into, as I wouldn't mind getting the rear beam powder coated and new bushes installed

schakal
27-01-2011, 21:48
ayee get a new rear beam ,saves messing around . flololololol :D

rear axle bush : 7700762843
TELL THEM SCHAKAL SENT YOU !!!

and here is the link to my photobucketzzz with the pics of ma shizznit .
http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa183/partsrenault/?start=all

Beaniemoo
27-01-2011, 22:47
I must admit this is pretty interesting for me too but I have a different problem to solve. I had a wheel alignment done Not long ago and it turned out my rear axle is a bit on the wonk. I am a little stuck for what to do to be honest as I can't stretch to a new axle and lets be honest who's going to breaking a car thats recently had the wheel alignment checked. Bushes have no play in them so it's a problem with the axle or trailing arms.

2 live
28-01-2011, 10:46
or the mounts.....not had a rear ender has it? or check the mounting position for rust. could be that the swing arms are out a tad, or the whole beam.

northy
28-01-2011, 11:34
you can tell ifs bent easily enough, look for any signs that the beam has a kink in the rail running from one side to the other.

cliorod
28-01-2011, 14:04
rear axle bush : 7700762843

On the SPR / Diologis at my local agency this is a Renault 21 bush at £40:10 plus vat ~~ available

When they searched on the system for D57M(Williams).The diaogolis/SPR showed up the bushes as a unit with the arm,that bolts to the floor BUT new number 77 00 789 781 ~~NOT AVAILABLE,old number 77 00 801 318 ~~also NOT AVAILABLE.

I do not know what the difference between the 21 and the Williams.I hope this helps
Rod

Twincam
28-01-2011, 16:57
Rod, what bushes does your car have fitted or has it been converted to bearings?

I looked back at slippys old car and I believe it's beam had been converted to needle roller bearings. I wondering whether this is an option although it's finding a fabrication company willing to try and fit something

Rich

Wobba
28-01-2011, 18:12
Could it be worth approaching a manufacturer to make a pattern part and bush?

2 live
28-01-2011, 20:34
i think 1 of rods is turreted....doing away with the beam

like i said....think...

cliorod
29-01-2011, 01:41
i think 1 of rods is turreted....doing away with the beam
~ Talked about it,after seeing a Megane done,but in the end I never bothered,I bought a set of Dynamic remote reservoir shocks :wink: from Slippy ~ still waiting to fit them ~~ after first getting them serviced :oops: :oops:
Twincam ~ never bothered with the bearing conversion,although I know some one who did.To be honest there is nowt up with my beam :lol: :lol: .So if aint broke I won't fix it :wink: :wink:
Rod

Twincam
29-01-2011, 09:16
Cheers rod, was kind of thinking the same really but thought if it was an easy job to do that it would be worth while

Might see if I can someone and get it priced up. It suprising though how much resistance is in the bush and whether this has a big effect on the torsion bar. With regards to return pressure.

The dynamics will be good can't wait to get my shell back and finally start building it back up. I ended up going for Avo mono tubes with remotes can't wait to take it down a rough Tarmac road to try them out :D

Need to talk brakes again with you at some point that's about the last thing to sort, going a little off topic

Rich

sideways danny
29-01-2011, 13:55
very common practice now on peugeot rear axles to replace this bush (or the equivalent) with a solid aluminium bush. May be something i could get made if someone had some dimensions and was willing to try it?

Evogone
29-01-2011, 14:19
very common practice now on peugeot rear axles to replace this bush (or the equivalent) with a solid aluminium bush. May be something i could get made if someone had some dimensions and was willing to try it?

A roller bearing is mostly used in rally for this set up but Ali bushes are also use as stated above...