PDA

View Full Version : F4R Crank in F7R

Paul16v
21-01-2011, 00:58
Anyone know if the F4R crank with fit in an F7r engine?
Sure I read somewhere before it is a good upgrade.
My crank may possibly be fooked and a F4R crank is easier to get hold of.
Hope Im not asking a daft question lol.

Wobba
21-01-2011, 17:33
Not too sure myself. I would like to know as I have a fooked F7R crank as well in engine no. 1.

dkrevs
21-01-2011, 17:48
Dimension wise should fit no problem but I don't know what happens to chain pulley/ring, as F4R and F7R 714 has chain driven oil pump.

sideways danny
21-01-2011, 21:36
Dimension wise should fit no problem but I don't know what happens to chain pulley/ring, as F4R and F7R 714 has chain driven oil pump.

I've put a 714 crank in a 700 block. had to have a special spacer machined to slide on the nose of the crank as the front crank seal is a different size, and the 714 front cover plate is completely different. I think you could do similar with a F4R crank, but you'd need to pay attention to the cambelt sprocket key-way. The F4R runs no woodruff keys, but there is a slot. Adaptable with some lateral thinking and a bit of machine work

dkrevs
21-01-2011, 22:06

I've put a 714 crank in a 700 block. had to have a special spacer machined to slide on the nose of the crank as the front crank seal is a different size, and the 714 front cover plate is completely different. I think you could do similar with a F4R crank, but you'd need to pay attention to the cambelt sprocket key-way. The F4R runs no woodruff keys, but there is a slot. Adaptable with some lateral thinking and a bit of machine work

Good stuff, do you have any pics of this mate?

diditno
23-01-2011, 18:07

this may of been mine he did, i say may have been. if its the crank from a megane,then its possible. if so dont bother, mine leaks like a bugger.

canelloni
23-01-2011, 19:52
does an f4k crank fit ? :roll:

sideways danny
23-01-2011, 20:01

this may of been mine he did, i say may have been. if its the crank from a megane,then its possible. if so dont bother, mine leaks like a bugger.

yeah wouldn't do the same again i dont think. wasn't ever an issue when i last saw it though.

G33R7
24-01-2011, 12:58

i did the same with a f8t (f8q with turbo and chain driven oil pump). These cranks are way earier to find.

dkrevs
24-01-2011, 14:12

i did the same with a f8t (f8q with turbo and chain driven oil pump). These cranks are way earier to find.

In which block did you put F8Q/T crankshaft? Did you actually done everything that sideways danny wrote?

-jo-
28-01-2011, 13:18
that is correct, 1.9 diesel crank. The same as in the F7R.

G33R7
28-01-2011, 14:46

In which block did you put F8Q/T crankshaft? Did you actually done everything that sideways danny wrote?

Yes did exactly the same with a f8t (1.9 dti) crank.