PDA

View Full Version : has my gear box gone???

Mattie
04-08-2005, 14:25
was on the way home last night and pulld up 2 some trafic lights....as they went green i cd only put my gear in2 3rd and not into 1st :? eventually after pullin away in 3rd about 10 mins l8r i was able 2 select 2nd and 1st again....only fing is i cant get it in2 reverse at all! :shock:

since iv had my exhaust decatd iv ad trouble getin it in2 reverse as it catches the exhaust i think , but if i select 1st then reverse its not 2 bad....do people think i cant get it in2 reverse because its catchin the exhaust more or dus it sound like my gear box has gone????

HELP!

any opinions are greatfull...thanks people! :)

Allan
04-08-2005, 18:37
check your engine mount, might be that its worn and your engine is dropped down on one side.
although i could be wrong

fab
04-08-2005, 18:46
If it started happening straight after the decat then go back to who did it and have him look at it.
doubht its the box.usually if you have problems selecting first or reverse the clutch is not adjusted correctly or on the way out.

edde
04-08-2005, 19:09
Try putting it in first then with your foot to the floor on the clutch start the car and get somone to watch the car. If the car moves then its probably your clutch has gone. Happened to me it didn't get much worse than about 2 days later it fially went nd the clutch cable finally went there was nothing there at all.