PDA

View Full Version : chipping

Jamie.
04-08-2005, 14:10
if u dont have cams, t/b's to go with a chip i have been told that u get very little extra....if u are not going to spend £££ on the engine and chip it alone, is it worth it? the reason i ask is that some ppl have said yes and others no. the reason as to why i would do it would be for primarily track day use......being able to use 2nd for longer would make the issue as to whether to tackle corners in 2nd 3rd easier. i feel that the valver has a distinct advantage here?! i wud also set limiter 200rpm lower than its red line so not do induce too much extra ware, wud this be worthwhile? want a bit extra power but not with undue risk of engine and other problems. any opinions welcome....

Jan
04-08-2005, 14:15
I've got a hill power remap set at 7k limit. No problems, no massive advantages, but nice to have the spare revs in hairy situations! Pulls a bit better too

richy
04-08-2005, 18:44
only advantage u will have is extra revs jamie, no real difference to it other then that, which as u said can help on track depends were though!

Jabba the...
07-08-2005, 14:56
a simple remap from hillpower on your old unit will as said give more revs and a lil extra and is relatively cheap. a re programmable unit will cost roughly 500 but will be re mappable as your car changes eg cams etc to get the most out of the engine. basically depends on how far u wanna go if your cammin or tb later it may be worth gettin a decent 1 now if not dont bother.

2 live
07-08-2005, 15:02
tbh mate........a standard ecu/chip is set to a specific map...1 map for all ecu's......evry engine is differant...so a re-mapped chip to suit ur engine will always be advantageous.

if u want a higher limit to hold on to the gears longer on track, then a re-map is the best way to do that.. id go with chip wizards over the hillpower chip for the simple fact that its actually mapped up to the redline at chip wizards, nick hill just raises the limiter and lets the original map run a bit longer so the redline will be moved up a bit...not the best by a long shot

hope this helps