PDA

View Full Version : Women and Willy's!

glyn211269
13-01-2011, 23:45
OK, so the girlfriend drives a 1998 burgendy 1.4 RT with all the bells and whistles and leaky sunroof obviously.

Consequently, I thought she understood about Willy's but it appears not as she's just come out with the following gem '"....I don't know why you fuss over that car so much, its just the same as mine but a different colour and some fancy dials." The stoopid woman.

So should I -

a) educate her why Willy's are special by letting her behind the wheel, just this once, on a nice twisty road, to let her appreciate one of the finest handling cars ever made.

OR

b) just dump the biatch! ;-)

2 live
14-01-2011, 00:57
hmmmm tough 1 that mate. gut instinct was b. but mines the same. chavvy looking with gold wheels..... im going to take her for a spin and scare her senseless when the weathers a bit better. lol.

but.....we will be attending a trackday this year as she wants to come to 1 with me. shes a brave girl lol

as for letting her drive it..... her a3 is in worse condition than either of my willys so shes no chance of getting behind the wheel. my ex tho.....she could drive as well as most guys on here so handing her the keys was no prob.

if she can drive....give her the keys.....if her rt has scrapes all over it, best limit her to the pass seat n show her the error of her ways ;)

16v_paddy
14-01-2011, 01:54
I'd need to see pics of ur mrs to be able to make an informed decision :P

I've been on CS too much recently :oops: :( :oops:

:lol:

Laine_16v
14-01-2011, 08:43
c) punch her in the ovaries and ask her what she is doing outside of the kitchen?

rochdale_williams
14-01-2011, 08:45
I'd scare her from the passenger seat. Letting her behind the wheel could be a mistake. Let my ex drive my old one, she set off, wheel spun 100m. Stopped on.the middle of the road and blamed the heavy clutch.

Jaymzfc
14-01-2011, 08:49
It's not just the girlfriend mate, my wife, friends and even people i don't know have commented, ''its just an old clio why did you get that from the UK when you could have got so many other nicer cars''.

Deep breath and few twirling of the eyes later, I just tell them a few things below.
You drive a run of the mill mass production nothing unique about it boring car, when you pull into a place no one gives you a second glance, when your driving you have as much fun as dead hamster, you may have a/c abs sunroof and a bigger car but most likely you will just be a blimp in my mirror after i zip past you on a twisty. Oh and another thing lets see what interest your car has in 15 years time.

Unless you own one you wont understand.

Smokey McPot
14-01-2011, 11:09
Slap the taste out her mouth.

Wobba
14-01-2011, 14:35
Maybe she's never experienced the excitement of driving a performance car.

Let her have a go in a safe place. But if he crashes it, she buys it.

fab
14-01-2011, 14:52
'"....I don't know why you fuss over that car so much, its just the same as mine but a different colour and some fancy dials."

ya see she's jealous of all the street jewelry the willy has. buy her a diamond ring or a gucci handbag and she'll be right :wink:

talkingfish
14-01-2011, 17:53
My missus fully understands what the Williams is and what it is about, but then she is a petrolhead and she drives a 197!!

Tommo
14-01-2011, 18:36
It's not just the girlfriend mate, my wife, friends and even people i don't know have commented, ''its just an old clio why did you get that from the UK when you could have got so many other nicer cars''.

Deep breath and few twirling of the eyes later, I just tell them a few things below.
You drive a run of the mill mass production nothing unique about it boring car, when you pull into a place no one gives you a second glance, when your driving you have as much fun as dead hamster, you may have a/c abs sunroof and a bigger car but most likely you will just be a blimp in my mirror after i zip past you on a twisty. Oh and another thing lets see what interest your car has in 15 years time.

Unless you own one you wont understand.

Spot on mate....:thumbsup:

My girlfriend has zero interest in cars but does tolerate my obsession with the Williams, but I think she is very bemused by it all tbh. But fair do's, she never complains and tries to support most things I do. She even came to Angelsey with me last year and went out on track with Leighanne, so I'm slowly turning her into a petrol head!

LEIGH-ANNE
15-01-2011, 10:39
Bless her, yea she did love it tbh tommo. Glad shes coming round (and helloooooo, i know she reads :wink:)

IMO, Scare the shit out of her in it - she wont want anything to do with it then. Ive said in some circumstances certain people could drive my car (just to see their reaction) they would refuse point blank they would not drive it in fear of what id do to them if they hit it :D :D :D

schakal
15-01-2011, 11:02
set a light to her 1.4 RT ,than give her the willy
of her life for comforting !! :D