PDA

View Full Version : JC5 gearbox or JB3 gearbox in Clio ph1 16v

CyccX
08-01-2011, 10:38
hello Community;

i'm going to fit the megane JC5 gearbox in to my PH1 valver. I know it's fit p&p. BUT i heard megane jc5 gearbox have eletronical speedo meter control. It is true ?? If yes It will NOT work with my speedometer in clio. :(

what every one do with speedometer issue, who chosse the jc5 gearbox in valver shell ?? i'm loost.

robi1000
08-01-2011, 11:27
Megane 2.0 16V (F7R) that was fitted with JC5 have mechanical speedo meter (every one I've seen). Newer cars that also have JC5, like Clio RS, have electronic speedo meter (ABS).

CyccX
08-01-2011, 12:04
how looks this one
http://img101.imageshack.us/i/dsc00544ws.jpg/
electrical od mechanical ?? this is jc5 from megane

CyccX
08-01-2011, 12:32
how looks this one
http://img101.imageshack.us/i/dsc00544ws.jpg/
electrical od mechanical ?? this is jc5 from megane

JC5058

schakal
08-01-2011, 13:37
the box is the same ,it still has the same mechanical speedo
cable slot . renault used a converter adapter thingy that converted
mechanic movement into electronic feed to the megane cable as far as
i remember when i looked into this .

in other words till be reet !! :P

CyccX
08-01-2011, 17:11
so i can succesfully run JC5 in my valver ??

zmaster2k
08-01-2011, 17:31
this has been covered many times on 16valver,

phase 1 172's JC5 is useable as its cable driven...long 5th!
phase 2 172*182 jc5 isnt as they take the speedo off the driveshafts
megane jc5 has speedo mechanical speedo with an electronic converter that you can pull out and put regular speedo in.
clio/megane diesel jc5 is useable but has silly long ratios... ruins the car imo
Williams Jc5 is the best of the bunch as the ratios are better shorter 4th slightly longer 5th

Yanoo_
08-01-2011, 18:56
Guys, many of Hungarian Mk1 Clios are running on non-speedocable'd gearbox. A machine shop can cut the thread into the gearbox housing for the speedo cable. It's solveable, it's not problem.

By the way, here is my gearbox software: http://www.freeweb.hu/yanooka/downloads.php?id=Setup_Renault_valtok_1_1.exe

It helps a lot if you want to match a gearbox to your engine. English version will be available later.

CyccX
08-01-2011, 19:06
thank you mates

Coops
09-01-2011, 13:03
some early phase 2 clio 172 boxes work as well as they still run the mechanical to electronic convertors inside the gearbox rather than the abs speedo setup. not all do however so you need to check, its typical renault by the looks of it, whatevers left in the parts bin they bunged on the cars! seen an 02 plate phase 2 172 with mechanical drive in the gearbox and a 51 plate the same

you need a mark 2 clio battery tray and top mount to run any megane, laguna or mark 2 clio gearbox as well but they are straight bolt in so not hard to do

Wobba
09-01-2011, 14:34
Guys, many of Hungarian Mk1 Clios are running on non-speedocable'd gearbox. A machine shop can cut the thread into the gearbox housing for the speedo cable. It's solveable, it's not problem.

By the way, here is my gearbox software: http://www.freeweb.hu/yanooka/downloads.php?id=Setup_Renault_valtok_1_1.exe

It helps a lot if you want to match a gearbox to your engine. English version will be available later.

Nice one Yanoo! I may be looking at stronger 'box combinations later in the year when I destroy mine.

Wobba
09-01-2011, 14:38
I am guessing Vegattetel is translated as 'Final Drive', right?

Yanoo_
09-01-2011, 15:33
I am guessing Vegattetel is translated as 'Final Drive', right?

Yes, that's Final Drive.

Here is a quick translation:

Main page:

Alapjárati motorfordulat: Idle speed
Legnagyobb motorfordulat: Max. engine speed
Kerékméret: Wheel size
Váltó kiválasztása: Gearbox selection
Gyorskeresés: Fast search
Számolás: Calculation / Ok / Apply :D
Megnyitás: Open
Törlés: Delete
Egyedi áttétel: Custom ratio
Súgó: Help
Végáttétel: Final drive

Results page:
Névleges keréksugár: Rated wheel diameter
Dinamikus keréksugár: Dinamic wheel diameter (the software considers the dinamic tyre deflection)
Nyomatékmódosítás: Torque Conversion
Áttétel: Gear ratio (TC=1/gear ratio)
Össznyomatékmódosítás: Total Torque Conversion (current TC * Final drive)
Legnagyobb sebesség: Max speed (limited by the max engine speed), expressed in kmh
Differenciállmű: Differential

Mentés: Save
Megnyitás: Open
Törlés: Delete
NYomtatás: Print

Opciók: Options
Beállítások: Setup
Módosít: Modify
Újraszámol: Recalculate

Writing now an engine oil viscosity calculator software. Going to make the English version of the Renaut Gearboxes after finished the Engine Oils.