PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem after hybrid conversion

nuttynutter123
02-01-2011, 10:55
I have recently done a hybrid conversion on my phase 2 16v....Since doing the conversion I have an intermittent fault that when I try to start the car a the fuel pump relay goes mad, the injectors click really fast, the immobiliser light flickers really fast and the fuel pump goes mad.
A few people I have spoke to have suggested a bad earth, so I tried connecting jump leads to the negative of the battery and earthing them out on the chassis and engine lift but the same problem occurred.
Has anyone got any idea what it could be or had the same problem?
Cheers

zmaster2k
02-01-2011, 17:22
Sounds ecu related

Laine_16v
02-01-2011, 18:07
Please bare in mind, putting a jump lead from the battery negative to the cars shell is going to make no difference if the earths that are bolted to the shell are in poor shape or loose.

nuttynutter123
02-01-2011, 21:12
Didnt realise that laine. Anyway...it turns put it was a faulty Ecu. I put my original 16v Ecu on and it's fine.
It turns out the Williams Ecu had a superchips chip on. If I put that on the 16v Ecu will that work?
Cheers

zmaster2k
02-01-2011, 22:05
Smug mode! Lol

Superchips normally have a anti tamper riser board, should work if you swap that over too, but I would suggest talking to kj16v aboutmapping :)