PDA

View Full Version : dogbone mount

shag
21-12-2010, 21:34
hi guys i took my dogbone mount off to fit poly bushes the big bush went in ok with a good push the little bush doesnt seem to go all the way in doesnt sit flush. when putting the tube thru the centre of the bush the left bush split as this ever happend to any1 before i got the poly bush from larkspeed iv bin on to them and they said this is very strange they askd me to send photos to them and explain how this happend.
I did this then a hour later got on the phone to him and he said hes waiting for a reply from powerflex themselves.
so now me the wife and kids are carless her block cracked on the golf 2 days ago and the willys in the garage on 2 legs lol

any1 ever had same experience

stevie_b
21-12-2010, 23:12
Yes, I had exactly the same thing. The general thought on here was that I did not have an original dogbone, although I bought the car when it was only a year old and have owned it for 13 years so was pretty sure it was the one the factory fitted. I'll see if I can locate the original thread for you... You'll need to source a new dogbone really as Powerflex won't make a bush that will fit the 'unusual' one.

stevie_b
21-12-2010, 23:21
This is the old thread I think may be of some use. It has pictures on the 2nd page of the dogbone I had trouble with and also measurements - i.e. 27mm vs 23mm if I re-read it correctly.

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26535&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

shag
22-12-2010, 02:04
cheers matey the part number iv got is 7700 805 120 so think i need a new dogbone willy or valver heres a pic of the bush lol