PDA

View Full Version : modus 6 speed box

VIPERONE
04-08-2005, 08:25
Ed raised a point stating a modus 6 speed box with high torque tolerences may fit a williams/valver..

anyone know anymore, sound like a good option.. williams 3 (6) sounds good lol.

J o n
04-08-2005, 08:31
is it electric or cable driven on the speedo tho? either way, would be nice and i'm sure the ratios would be okay given it has an extra gear... but have this sneaking suspision that we wont be able to use it for whatever reason...

VIPERONE
04-08-2005, 08:41
electrically driven doesnt matter.
kits to run a cheap digi speedo are availiable..for cheap ish prices

J o n
04-08-2005, 09:24
i'd like to keep my proper speedo, but it runs off an 8 volt adapter iirc which is completely different to any other reno (not valver tho...)... or maybe it needs to be 8v? i forget, but I'd want to have the 6 speed box in like it was done from the factory, dont want to bastardise the Williams too much... cams is bad enough... lol

j3ned
04-08-2005, 13:06
it wont fit - dont even attempt to try it

Tommo
04-08-2005, 14:01
Hmmm

I'd definitely try and keep the standard speedo if you can, my SPA digi speedo is constantly buggering up, fixed it last week, and it's faulty again and now the back light has stopped working so can't see it in the dark! Although it is lightweight, cheap(ish) and has a load of functions:

http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/design/speedo.htm

edde
04-08-2005, 19:24
Ok I've ben thinking about it today. I said the Modus box since its supposed to be a btter shifting box 6 speed and might soon start comming on the breakers market. Most other 6 speed Renalt boxes are for 1.9/2.2 di's or for the ND0 boxes which are a bit big and designed for way more torque than we could put thought them. Howeer there big (possily to big for an easy install) heavy and not the best shifting boxes in the wrold the Modus box is better in all these respets.

However I'm guesing the new 192 Clio will use the turbo block wth the large mating surface aftr all the 172/182 clutch isnt amazing and warently claims have happened quite a few times so with a heavier more powerful F4R engie the stock clutch would be even more of a problem. The turbo block comes with the bigger clutch plate which is I guess the same size as the 100/105 1.5 dci clucth etc. Therefore the modus box is one of the new bigger clutch sizes boxes.
I've also been thinking today (been a quiet day) about making an f4r engine run it a f7r maniold, ecu etc. The engine is a better engine and safer to rev to 8k and has a better valve train setup plus as yozza proved 60k of abuse on one cambelt can be done whereas the f7r most track day users change at 30k for safety. Also 200hp is easier to get to wit the higher revability of the engine.

Fred
06-08-2005, 04:28
Ok I've ben thinking about it today. I said the Modus box since its supposed to be a btter shifting box 6 speed and might soon start comming on the breakers market. Most other 6 speed Renalt boxes are for 1.9/2.2 di's or for the ND0 boxes which are a bit big and designed for way more torque than we could put thought them. Howeer there big (possily to big for an easy install) heavy and not the best shifting boxes in the wrold the Modus box is better in all these respets.

However I'm guesing the new 192 Clio will use the turbo block wth the large mating surface aftr all the 172/182 clutch isnt amazing and warently claims have happened quite a few times so with a heavier more powerful F4R engie the stock clutch would be even more of a problem. The turbo block comes with the bigger clutch plate which is I guess the same size as the 100/105 1.5 dci clucth etc. Therefore the modus box is one of the new bigger clutch sizes boxes.I've also been thinking today (been a quiet day) about making an f4r engine run it a f7r maniold, ecu etc. The engine is a better engine and safer to rev to 8k and has a better valve train setup plus as yozza proved 60k of abuse on one cambelt can be done whereas the f7r most track day users change at 30k for safety. Also 200hp is easier to get to wit the higher revability of the engine.

wrong i'm afraid edde, the new sport clio is using the same narrow block as the F4R with a 6 speed box similar to the modus one (hydraulic clutch and similar clutch)

The turbo block (megane RS/vel satis) uses the wide block with dual mass flywheel (only boxes that fit it are ND0 or PK6)