PDA

View Full Version : clipped a curb in the snow

wilky19
18-12-2010, 01:50
just drove home and on the way back i lost the back end and managed to clip a curb with the n/s/r.
just had a quick look at it and it doesn't seem to have any more camber on the wheel i hit and doesnt seem to have the damaged the wheel. car didnt seem to drive different but only drove it down my road.

could i have got away with it?
whats the best way to check if i have damaged anything?
worst case? new wheel and new rear beam.

n9kie
18-12-2010, 11:56
if there is no visual damage to the wheel then i'd say your tyre took the impact and you are very lucky!

wilky19
18-12-2010, 14:04
just been for a drive car feels the same as before, but no been upto motorway speeds yet so will have to see how it goes with it.

also had a look under and doesn't appear to be damaged. think the tyre/wheel took the brunt of it.

Wobba
18-12-2010, 14:22
I did this on a tight bend at high speed in my Scooby. It never felt the same again but the technicians I let drive it couldn't tell the difference and never found the problem.

Sounds like you have been lucky.

wilky19
18-12-2010, 14:39
I did this on a tight bend at high speed in my Scooby. It never felt the same again but the technicians I let drive it couldn't tell the difference and never found the problem.

hopefully not had much luck with this car upto now.

Wobba
18-12-2010, 14:54

HAHA!!! Don't talk to me about 'not much luck' lol.

Tommo
18-12-2010, 14:59
Wobba I think your car has a gypsie curse mate.... :lol:

wilky19
18-12-2010, 18:30

HAHA!!! Don't talk to me about 'not much luck' lol.

yeah my bad luck is no where near as bad as your. if i had the luck you have had, i would have burnt it by now lol