PDA

View Full Version : 260 bhp n/a Megane

Wobba
16-12-2010, 15:37
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2195591.htm

It looks a nice car and probably shifts, but 260 bhp F7R on standard n/a and inlet...no. If it was remapped on a dyno, they would have given him a dyno result. Bet it's not 260!

Smokey McPot
16-12-2010, 15:52
Given the problems I've seen people have on here with getting a reliable, highly tuned output from an F7, theres no way I'd want that if he's only done 1500miles in it after the build.

Hardly broken in.

Wobba
16-12-2010, 15:58
I wouldn't be afraid to buy a car like that. The mods are mild really and it looks clean. Engine bay looks very clean, and price is okay I guess.

All I am saying is 260 bhp is dream land without being very highly tuned, which it is not!

fab
16-12-2010, 16:08
I heard once that anything over 220 on a front wheel drive car is a waste :wink:

A&P
16-12-2010, 16:25
He must have some awesome driveshafts for that :lol: 260+ BHP mind got to be a mistake me thinks .

Jaff
16-12-2010, 17:29
This car is frequently put up for sale. It regularly boasts 260+bhp with the same mods listed in the advert too which is utter rubbish as the car was a former coupe-club.co.uk members car and the rebuild I bilieve was done by him. The car produces nowhere near that much.

Also the colour is not rare, there's a few phase ones in that colour

Clio-Girl
16-12-2010, 17:41
i must resist the temptation to send him a message calling him an idiot...

Tommo
16-12-2010, 17:51
To be fair it's a good spec for the money, would cost thousands to get all that done yourself. 260bhp on a n/a engine is a joke though, some people on here can just about achieve that with boost.... :lol:

schakal
16-12-2010, 17:58
lol ,its got to be the 3bar map sensor :D :D

Wobba
16-12-2010, 18:20
lol ,its got to be the 3bar map sensor :D :D

LOL yea, I did wonder if he simply forgot to add the turbo he has bolted in after mentioning the MAP sensor!

cliorod
16-12-2010, 18:47
oil and filter change 2 castrol R 500miles ago

Why would anyone want to run vegatable oil in a modern tuned engine ~~ smells nice tho' :roll: :wink: :wink: .
Plus it does not mix with mineral oils, :cry: :cry: so unless the engine is COMPLETELY stripped down,throughly cleaned :shock: :shock: .You will have to use "Castrol "R" forever.
For the benefit of the younger members,this is the smell of the engines at Speedway races :wink: :lol:

Justin..
16-12-2010, 20:28
thats not the 2.o ide either lol

Justin..
16-12-2010, 20:28
oops just see its the ide interior lol

2 live
17-12-2010, 21:23
sent the guy a couple of e-mails lol...

hi mate. just wondering if theres any printouts that show the bhp. it seems a little high tbh. i know ktec and their mapping, which is not the best tbh, and i know gunner. but it seems like thats 2 chips in the ecu?? are they running switchable?? or is it a gunner chip thats then been mapped by andy/ktec??
>
> also, im intrested in the gearbox. has the williams box been fitted with an lsd? if so which one?? gripper/quaife/avanti?? or is it a standard non lsd williams box?
>
> have you any vids of it in action on track?? if so could you post links for me please.
>
> thanks

his reply

hello mate i havent a printout no, it was dynoed by previous owner at 225 a year ago since then its had a few more tweaks and wot not, we've timed the 0-60 to around 6sec's and top end is off the clock with more rev's still available. it is quicker than pritty much everythink ive put it against scoobies type R's evo's s3's and even the new 200bhp rcz (from work).
the old gearbox was a standard 2.0 gearbox from the f7r/f7p (megane and 172 clio) which wasnt up to it so was replaced for an standard renault 2.0 lsd gearbox ibought off of here a few months back.
its a gunner ecu which was mapped in by ktec aswell and sorry no action shots of this car just pics sorry

hmmmm.......dig a bit deeper then lol..

ok. so is the gearbox a williams item?? jc5 unit? cos they havent an lsd fitted as std. where was it r/r'd?? and where did you get the 0-60 timed??

i have a couple of williamses, and this would make a nice daily hack tbh. keep the willies safe. one has been timed 0-60 at 5.6 secs, with 14.0 standing 1/4s, it is only very mildly tuned tho tbh. your car sounds like it could be quite a good match for the power/speed of it tbh.

quick couple of laps of oulton.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWiV5zFTbys

how does it look in comparison to yours??? bearing in mind this is only about 170bhp in a slightly lighter car than the meg.

and his reply to that.........lmao.

it was rollin roaded by the previous owner so im not sure where it was done as i havent the paperwork from it. we timed the 0-60 our selves last week (so it aint gonna be exact especially in these icey conditions) all i know is the gearbox is out of a 1997 2.0 megane (f7r) and is an lsd as you can tell by inspecting them and of course driving the car with it fitted. your more than welcome to come and view it and ill take you out, im not going to falsley advertise and i know my way round a car ( ive been in the trade for 30 years and my lad also a mechanic has had 3 meganes 2 clios and a 5gtt in the last 6months so we have alot of experience in the renault scene).

oh and tbh it wouldnt keep with the megane lol only thing thats ever got past me in it is an aston martin (obvs) and a crazy 650bhp skyline.

i know its hard to believe the cars stats and figures but you'll be truely amazed by it in the flesh

so there we have it......0-60 timed by a mate in pass seat in icy conditions.....hmmm...

and will have to inspect more meg boxes to make sure the lsd is fitted methinks.... ;)

and to top it off..mapped by ktec...stay well clear guys.....

A&P
17-12-2010, 22:09
What a pillock my evo would murder it even if I was towing the cup behind it, What is this guy on dont often get angry about things like this but somebody is going to get drawn in by this guys bull****. :x

cliolord
18-12-2010, 11:28
Hmmm, Ktec don't map the standard chipset so this is an instant alarm bell :wink:

stevie_b
18-12-2010, 17:56
I'm not a fan of that shape Megane but when I originally saw the ad and the price I thought it was good value for money, despite it being nowhere near 260bhp, but upgraded brakes, diff, etc. are all fairly costly mods. However, with some of those answers provided I'm not even sure what you'd be getting, so hard to see real value!

Tommo
18-12-2010, 18:08
and his reply to that.........lmao.

all i know is the gearbox is out of a 1997 2.0 megane (f7r) and is an lsd

He says in the advert the lsd came from a Williams 3??

There more I look at this the more dodgy it looks, he can't give definite answers and seems confused about certain aspects of the car. I'd agree to stay clear.

shag
23-12-2010, 01:18
mintballer drives like a bran new nnnnnnnnnnnn