PDA

View Full Version : Dip stick metal tube thingy

fab
10-12-2010, 21:38
You know the tube the oil dip stick goes into well does anyone know how it is removed? I'm storing an engine and this is sorta sticking out.
Thanks.

Justin..
10-12-2010, 21:39
tap it out, easier with sump off

snowman
11-12-2010, 08:41
as above,sometimes you get lucky and they can be twisted out,not very often though and undo the retaining bolt too that goes to the block

fab
11-12-2010, 11:30
yep I gave it a tug and it didnt budge. Ive learnt my lesson the hard way when working on this car. If something does not go on come off as you think it should STOP! Seek advice and carry from there :wink:

fab
11-12-2010, 22:05
still managed to screw it up..damn thing even with a tap from under the sump it wouldnt budge. ah well looks like the welder will have to come out again :)

Wobba
16-12-2010, 18:00
Honestly fab, you can tap these out from inside, if not pull it out :) I have a spare if you break it!

fab
16-12-2010, 18:34
I tried tapping it Wobba from underneath (sump off) and the fooker was seized in. what happened in the end was the bar itself just sort of snapped off at its seal. It's on the spare engine so no biggy but I may take the spare you have wobba cause it would be nice to keep the engine in workable condition should I or anyone else need a rapid engine swap :wink:

Would it be best to take the head off and store the engine that way or should i leave the head on?