PDA

View Full Version : Dad loves the Willy...

J o n
03-08-2005, 21:23
just got back from a long ass day after getting a 6am flight to Edinburgh for work... gets delayed and I dont get in til 20 minutes ago and am greeted by "your tyres flat, go pump it up before work!" FFS, i'm too drunk after sitting in the exec lounge for 2+ hours (i'm not rich, work payed;) ) and I've had a long day, so said I cant... end result, Dad decides to drive my car for the first time...

Ed - "god this things noisy!"

Me - "yeah dad, it's a tuned hot hatch... it does that..."

Ed - "well cant you make it quieter???"

Me - "yeah, but only if your paying..." - silence decends...

Ed - "god this clutch is awful, it's too damn heavy"

Me - "it's not that bad, you get used to it..."

Ed - "well I dont like it... it hurts my foot (he has a fractured foot...)

Me - "dont be such a fag..."

Ed - "i dont know how you can drive this everyday, it would drive me insane..."

Me - "it would drive me insane if i had to listen to you give me shit about my car too... stop bitching and put yer foot down and you'll see what it's all about..."

Ed - *puts foot down* "jeeeesus Jonathan, it's not exaclty safe is it? did you see how fast the traffic came towards me, I thought it was going to fall apart under heavy breaking!"

... knowing my dad that's a compliment... after that he continued bitching about how noisy it is and how he hates the clutch... still... :roll:

Lunner
03-08-2005, 21:44
LOL, sounds exactly likr my mother, infact she won't drive my car or or go on it...apparently i 'swing' round corners, even when the tyres aren't squeeling :oops:

Swervin_Mervin
03-08-2005, 21:59
Silence descended when I took my rents to the airport earlier this year. After stating it might be a bit noist on the motorway because I though the exhaust was blowing, my dad confirmed that he though it was definitely blowing.

They didn't say much else :P

Think they realised what was going on when some nob decided to try and tailgate me when I was passing traffic. I couldn't resist saying "don't mind me a minute" before dropping it down a cog and gunning it. :twisted:

I'm going to send him the trackday piccies tomorrow :shock:

2 live
04-08-2005, 08:54
lol

nice 1

my mum wont get in a car with me driving.....hasnt done since i was 18. lol

i took her down the road to the chippy, passed a couple of cars, in safe places, and thought id driven quite sensibly. after struggling out the bucket seats and bangin her head on the roll cage, she told me shed walk back the 2 miles lol....she hasnt been in a car with me since lmao

Chris n`nic
04-08-2005, 09:27
I`ve raced a few times with my Dad in and he really did me proud! Once me and my dad in the front, my mum in the back, were just joining my test track with an asian guy in a clk right up my chuff (complete with a couple of biatches. He under took me and the car in front so I went hunting :twisted: He got caught up in traffic so I was right behind him, car in front of him moved and he floored it. As we came past him my dad even waved at him and I kept my toe down to 135...My dad was buzzing but my mum, unsurprisingly was pretty quiet lol

Chris

Zollo
04-08-2005, 09:57
Has no one else actually had races with their dad? Every time me and the old dude go out in cars or on bikes together, they'll always be some kind of do by the end of it :P

Cars, he usually wins :x

Bikes, I always win :twisted:

J o n
04-08-2005, 10:26
yeah, when I had my XR2 I had a race with my mum in their old 3.0V6 Nissan...that handed me my arse immediately... was fast as **** that car, I loved it... although it was a barge.

Enid
04-08-2005, 11:07
I think my mother likes my car, she tells everyone "My sons got a Clio Williams you know" Quite embarrising really like its some kind of super car lol.

My dad hates it and calls it a roller skate :roll:

summeh
04-08-2005, 12:30
lol, whenever i go home to see the parents my mums always sayin, "do u have to rev your engine so loudly and upset the neighbours", even tho im just pootling along :/

Smokey McPot
04-08-2005, 13:08
My mum loves driving my williams......she thinks i should swap the seats in the cup with the Willy ones :(

Lunner
04-08-2005, 14:49
Just took my mum in my car again, first tiem for over a year, went to have a word wiht her garage as they are ****ing her around reference getting an exhaust to fit properly, brought her back in my car, and straight line acclereation she doesn't mind, its corners she hates, i can take them at 10 mhph and she still thinks i'm going really fast.

What i really really want to do is take her round a track in it, and scasre the crap out of her....or is that just me being evil :twisted:

Smokey McPot
04-08-2005, 16:02
If i give my old dear a lift anywhere. I make sure i drive like a stole it. its the only way.

Slithers
04-08-2005, 18:02
just got back from a long ass day after getting a 6am flight to Edinburgh for work... gets delayed and I dont get in til 20 minutes ago and am greeted by "your tyres flat, go pump it up before work!" FFS, i'm too drunk after sitting in the exec lounge for 2+ hours (i'm not rich, work payed;) ) and I've had a long day, so said I cant... end result, Dad decides to drive my car for the first time...

Ed - "god this things noisy!"

Me - "yeah dad, it's a tuned hot hatch... it does that..."

Ed - "well cant you make it quieter???"

Me - "yeah, but only if your paying..." - silence decends...

Ed - "god this clutch is awful, it's too damn heavy"

Me - "it's not that bad, you get used to it..."

Ed - "well I dont like it... it hurts my foot (he has a fractured foot...)

Me - "dont be such a fag..."

Ed - "i dont know how you can drive this everyday, it would drive me insane..."

Me - "it would drive me insane if i had to listen to you give me shit about my car too... stop bitching and put yer foot down and you'll see what it's all about..."

Ed - *puts foot down* "jeeeesus Jonathan, it's not exaclty safe is it? did you see how fast the traffic came towards me, I thought it was going to fall apart under heavy breaking!"

... knowing my dad that's a compliment... after that he continued bitching about how noisy it is and how he hates the clutch... still... :roll:

Big ED rocks

clowo16v
04-08-2005, 20:20
LOL my mum and dad drive my Valver quite often. When my dad goes out in it people always see me and say "I saw you yesterday overtaking so and so, you must've been doing well over 100mph".

My mum takes it to school all the time when I don't need it (she's a teacher btw not a student lol), the kids love it.

See ya

Matt

Crowds
05-08-2005, 14:22
i wish mine was like that lol, he comes back in after driving my RS saying hmm it twitches a fair bit when u floor it doesnt it and comments like it sticks well lol. hes a boy racer at heart, the clio trackcar is a joint venture lol

Crowds.

Justin..
05-08-2005, 22:40
all i can say is I WANT A WIILIAMS lol :P i love em too bits but cant bloody insure 1 so i guess ill stick with my 1.4 rt

FATBOY
05-08-2005, 23:09
good things come to those who wait! :)

Justin..
05-08-2005, 23:15
lets hope so eh!! :P

FATBOY
05-08-2005, 23:16
how old are ya then mate? cos if ya still a young un you will get stung big time! what with the williams' being group 17 insurance

Justin..
05-08-2005, 23:17
20, bin drivin just over a year

FATBOY
05-08-2005, 23:20
could prove costly then mate! im 27 3 years no claims and my insurance fully comp is £589

Justin..
05-08-2005, 23:21
jeez man im gonna have to wait, lol

FATBOY
05-08-2005, 23:25
well worth it tho!

Justin..
05-08-2005, 23:26
yeah i been in my mates valver and thats quick so ill defo look forward to a williams

Justin..
05-08-2005, 23:27
on where?

FATBOY
05-08-2005, 23:28
oh by the way mines a willy 3! best of the lot IMHO :D

big hp
05-08-2005, 23:51

All 3 owners say that. They secretly want the correct shade of blue and don't want a sunroof. Its called denial. :P

Justin..
05-08-2005, 23:52
lol i'd happy with a hybrid

FATBOY
05-08-2005, 23:53

All 3 owners say that. They secretly want the correct shade of blue and don't want a sunroof. Its called denial. :P

in the style of eddie murphy "im not listening lah lah lah lah lah lah lah"

big hp
05-08-2005, 23:53
And then theres driver aids like ABS on a 3 :roll:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Justin..
05-08-2005, 23:56
lmao

FATBOY
05-08-2005, 23:59
mmmmmm im half cut! and the fosters ice its startin to affect me!

Crowds
06-08-2005, 11:31
20 what ya waiting for go get one lol i'm only 20

Crowds.

Justin..
06-08-2005, 12:00
im lookin at a valver at the moment cos insurance for me on one them is near 2 grand anyway 3rd party fire and theft :(

Crowds
06-08-2005, 12:12
fark! i pay 600 fire and theft on the 16v and 1,400 on the focus rs modified. who are your qoutes with? i've only got 1 yrs ncbs on the focus none on the clio

Crowds.

Justin..
06-08-2005, 12:13
i just lost my 1 yrs ncb, and i just gotta qoute frm adrain flux for 1825

Crowds
06-08-2005, 12:17
try admiral, add ur parents as second drivers it takes alot off!

Crowds.

Justin..
06-08-2005, 12:21
ok will try that ta m8