PDA

View Full Version : FAO Wobba

fab
02-12-2010, 13:47
Its good to talk.
Whats on your mind pal concerning your car? Is there anything anyone here can do to help you out?
You have been an inspiration for me to get work done on my williams and you are really proactive on the forum which helps many others such as me to get issues resolved.
If you decide to put that car back to original condition I have an engine block here your welcome to have. You just gotta organize collection.

Wobba
02-12-2010, 16:08
Its good to talk.
Whats on your mind pal concerning your car? Is there anything anyone here can do to help you out?
You have been an inspiration for me to get work done on my williams and you are really proactive on the forum which helps many others such as me to get issues resolved.
If you decide to put that car back to original condition I have an engine block here your welcome to have. You just gotta organize collection.

:D

Awwwhh Fab. That's a really nice thing to write about old Wobba!

I am glad I have been of some kind of help and inspiration! In reality, it's been the guys and gals here on WC that have inspired me and kept me going, from the beginning, when I didn't even know how to change a wheel, to now, where I could do ALL 4 WHEELS BY MYSELF! 8)

I will get the issues sorted out. I always do eventually. I just think I will be bored with nothing much to fix after that! Guess I will have to get another Mk1 Clio then :D

Thanks for the engine offer. I will keep it in mind. It may be I get a higher compression one, but may just put a normal working one in instead. Whatever happens, it will probably need to be remapped again hehehe. Fun! I may just do it myself as I don't think the map will be far off from what it is now with a normal compression block.

That will be my next adventure.

I have had some people step up and offer help, and I know I can rely on some of my nearby WC friends should I ask them for help.

Whatever happens, you can be sure I will write about it, Wobba style :p

fab
02-12-2010, 16:13
I'm sure you have everything under control :wink:
You know when i was working on the car this past 3 months and times got tough (and you know how lonely you feel when things arent working on the car) i just had to think of some funny posts on the forum here and it would make me :D
So chin up and maybe take a breather whilst this artic weather is about and give it a fresh look there after.
See you,
Fab.

LEIGH-ANNE
02-12-2010, 17:45
where I could do ALL 4 WHEELS BY MYSELF! 8)

When im there to remind you to unloosen them first? :roll:

Wobba
02-12-2010, 22:30
I'm sure you have everything under control :wink:
You know when i was working on the car this past 3 months and times got tough (and you know how lonely you feel when things arent working on the car) i just had to think of some funny posts on the forum here and it would make me :D
So chin up and maybe take a breather whilst this artic weather is about and give it a fresh look there after.
See you,
Fab.

Nothing is under control! I am all over the show :p

I think we all know what you mean when you are just about ready to cry with tiredness and frustration lol. I learnt long ago to walk away once you become tired or rundown, come back the next day after sleeping on a problem and it seems to sort itself out. I have quite a few pictures of desperately fixing the car in the middle of the night, in the rain or snow and sub zero conditions hehe, like the time my fuel hose split and Arj256 and I did both the fuel lines in the snow next to the M27, it was so cold we could not feel our hands...and the night before my MOT when the brake line split and I had to get Justin to lend me his brake flaring tool because the brake union had rounded off...was pouring with rain and I was in the street in town in a gutter sorting it out at 10pm in the dark. And the night before the 2009 FCS when we had JUST managed to fit the new Megane bottom end at Summeh's and at the last minute I had to sort the cambelt out. Destroying my engine at Brands Hatch and getting home at 2/3 am the night before work without my car and Summeh's car totally destroying its CV joint on the way haha!! One night I had to follow Leighanne home for miles, it took AGES as her car kept just cutting out at random, didn't get home till VERY late. Tried to fix it as we went along but nothing worked.

So many fun times.

Leighanne: LOL I always forget the damn wheel nuts!

Laine_16v
02-12-2010, 23:11
Clutch pedal ratchets in the dark are a favourite :D

Tommo
03-12-2010, 09:14
Fair play to you guys, I'd just ring the RAC, have a cup of tea and put my feet up! lol

fab
03-12-2010, 10:35
The amount of names I called my car this past while you'd need a bishop to clean my mouth out! Then i realized if i spoke soft sweet words to her things started to move along much easier :lol:
Which reminds me those $%^&£($ ARB bushs! what a $%^& they are to fit.

Wobba
03-12-2010, 13:24
Which reminds me those $%^&£($ ARB bushs! what a $%^& they are to fit.

Hahahaaaa! yes, I had to give up on them and come back to the inner ARBs the next day after a break. Pain in the arse!

fab
04-12-2010, 09:16
Wobba you mentioned a high compression engine, pardon my newbness but what exactly would this entail? What are the advantages/disadvantages if any and is it costly to do? What parts do you need to swap out to go this route?