PDA

View Full Version : Refurb Qs

irishandy
24-11-2010, 23:07
Hi All, im slowly very slowly restoring my Williams 2 and at the minute im refurbishing the brakes.

Im having some difficulties can any one tell me that the bit of metal siting behead the rear discs are called and does anyone know where I can get replacements?

Im aslo having problems getting rear discs when I go to my local motor parts store there seems to be three slightly different shaped discs for the clio does anyone have a part number for the correct ones?

Cheers.

stevie_b
25-11-2010, 00:08
Do you mean this metal 'brake disc protector'

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j299/2stis/rear_corner1.jpg

?

I'm not aware of many variations in the rear disc. I think it has been the same for years - even the 172/182 share the same discs iirc

Wobba
25-11-2010, 00:21
Show off

schakal
25-11-2010, 01:29
can any one tell me that the bit of metal siting behead the
rear discs are called

they are called extra weight , you dont need them :D

fab
25-11-2010, 10:27
as above but if you really insist on having the "dust shields" it's reno or contact Mat here on the forum and he may have a pair.

i take it from your name your in the ireland somewhere? if so call GSF (http://www.gsfcarparts.com/branches.html) on the North side of Dublin and they will sort you out with the rear disks. just tell him the year and make of the car.they will even post them out.

if you need any help i'm in dublin.

irishandy
25-11-2010, 11:30
Thanks Stevie for the photo and yes thats the jobby I was talking about and it's good to see what it looks like some work you've done there looks well.

I would like to keep them on the car im sure they are not needed really but I want them, new would be nice or I could refurb the ones I have.

yes Fab im over in the North Co.Down so a two hour drive from Dublin, once I have the brakes sorted and the weather gets a bit better it would be great to get down and chat to some one else that has a willams as im the only person I know that has had one, I haven't even seen another one ever before I bought mine.

I will give GSF a bell today I see they have a store in the North.

Cheers Guys.

irishandy
25-11-2010, 12:46
Iv'e just ordered a set of Dust Shields from Renault for £18.32 each.

When I get them on I will take some photos and post them on the site.